Dissociation and Astral

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

user525
Patron Deities: Arawn
Number of Demon Familiars: 1

Hello forum fam~ I presented this question to the discord and got some great answers, and then Offlight asked that I make a thread here on it presenting my question as well! SO here it is, for everyone's viewing pleasure and discussion: To my other neurodivergent/mentally "ill" practitioners, what are the main sign differences between dissociation and "something is trying to yoink me into astral"? I have experience with the first [thanks, trauma], but am still learning quite a bit about astral stuff.

As a preface, I realize that everyone's experiences with both astral travel/projection as well as dissociation are different for everyone, so I'm curious to hear what y'all's experiences are. Like I've said, some great tales have been told in the discord, but feel free to answer here again if you'd like to.
Aprophis
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Well, thanks to this post I now believe I suffer from depersonalization and derealization, every now and then.
Sadly I have nothing really to add to this thread other than this realization, because nobody has tried to yoink me into the astral yet except when I'm in the before sleep state and that one is pretty distinct.
Sorry for being absolutely no help at all, like usual :P
Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Sanity is for the weak
user525
Patron Deities: Arawn
Number of Demon Familiars: 1

I'm sorry that thats the case, Apro, but also glad that the thread made you [what Im guessing] google search and find out. There are lots of great resources and techniques out there to help stop or control those episodes, if its something that bothers you.
Aprophis
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

sinsofthelamb wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:30 am
if its something that bothers you.
Luckily it isn't. Who knows, it might just be the truth coming through :P
But yes, I didn't know how disassociation would manifest so I looked it up, my bad.
Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Sanity is for the weak
Oflight Lokebrenna
Patron Deities: Loki

I can feel a difference as externally vs internally.

With dissociation I am pulled inwards into my mind, and I lose myself in this.

With astral I am pulled outwards, away from myself, and I find myself in this.
I'm here and I'm QUEER!!!
Conium
Patron Deities: Leviathan, Satan, Hecate, Hades
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

Personally, when I dissociate- it tends to feel like I'm floating back into my mind and I'm more or less watching the "real world" play out on a 35mm film complete with vignette and all. When something is trying to yank me into the astral, it's more like I'm still looking forward but my astral body gets turned about 90 degrees and my attention soon follows.

That's probably the best way that I can describe it, I hope it helps :D
"Let your darkness lead you to your light."

“You know more than you think you know, just as you know less than you want to know.”
― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Alys-RaccoonReadings
Patron Deities: Aset, Demeter

I agree with the in versus out distinction.

I also notice that if I am dissociating really badly I have just completely unplugged and checked out. I'm not thinking or exploring--I'm just firing off enough activity to keep me breathing.

One family member once told me that when something abusive was happening to her or around her, she would float up on the ceiling like a balloon and see that while it was happening she could feel like it wasn't happening to her. So. If you are watching what is happening to you at a remove and not identifying that this is, in fact, you that it's happening to...that's probably dissociation rather than, say, remote viewing.

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”