The biggest differences between Demons and other Spirits?

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

Nexus

So this is probably something that was asked before and if so I apologize, but I was wondering about your personal experience when it comes to the differences between working with Demons (specifically ones from S&S) and working with other Dark Arts Spirits. I ask this because, one, I enjoy hearing what you guys experience as it's interesting to me and two, the draw I've felt to this site and its information, listings, etc has lasted years now and I'm almost positive there's got to be something more than just the generic "Certain shops resonate better, there's nothing too special".

Because it is special, at least, it feels special. Most Shops both interest me and yet make me wary but this site (the shop and forum) feels like a warm embrace after being away for years on end. So I'd imagine working with the beings would be just as comforting and quite different in comparison to others...but Imagination is only half the fun so please, share as much or as little as you like.
laalbieglna
Patron Deities: Angrboda and Loki
Your favourite Demon?: Goetics
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Ishvala wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:50 am
Most Shops both interest me and yet make me wary but this site (the shop and forum) feels like a warm embrace after being away for years on end.
^^Same.

To me, the S&S entities are in a class by themselves, and I attribute it to them being Outer Spiritual World, living, demonic beings (though I also have other types of companions through them, specifically Graveyard companions). When they do interact physically, it seems more extreme and objectively, physically real -- like I have heard them with my ears and so have other living human beings in my household; they have moved physical objects including throwing small things at me; and in one case a being manifested an actual flame.

That being said, they are still "spirit beings" as far as being here in our world is concerned -- they have physical presence in their own realms, but those are distant from ours, where our physical reality lives, and I am under the impression that while they are excellent at manipulating our environments and attention to communicate, it requires an enormous expenditure of effort on their part to actually manipulate physical matter here, where we are.

I stand by the objective reality of the physical manifestations I've had from them, still these manifestations are RARE and precious. In my case, I've tended to get them at the very beginning, like a "hey, we're here, don't worry", but like any other spiritual companion, further interaction takes work, huge amounts of daily work and tremendous faith...but they have also been very consistent as far as being empathically tangible and communicative when I have put forth the effort. I sense that the do a lot "behind the scenes".

I do have companions from other sources whose manifestations have been as tangible, but it's rare and in my experience has been more common and consistent with these particular companions.
User1265455
Patron Deities: Paimon, Asmoday, Leviathan, Azazel, Amducius
Your favourite Demon?: Paimon
Number of Demon Familiars: 12

So, first off, the key word here is spirits - S&S's companions are not spirits. Yes, they are spiritual beings, but they are actually living entities, they're not dead. I find, personally, that I work better with the living than the dead, so I have eventually gravitated towards working ONLY with entities, but that's a personal preference on my part - ymmv.

S&S often works with an entity for months, or even YEARS before ever completing the rituals to conjure and bind them. The rituals they use are all tests for the entity to determine their safety - failing a ritual test automatically means that the entity will not be bound for human companionship. That dedication to safety, that extensive level of work, attention to detail, is part of what makes their companions of such high quality.

I've personally found their manifestations to be on part with other practitoners - including my own personal conjured entities - however, like Iaal says, you get out of the relationship what you put into it - the more effort and time you give, the stronger the bond, and the more benefits reaped.

S&S is based on a foundation of deep love and respect for demons. Their forum and their companions reflect that. I won't shop anywhere else, anymore. The quality of other sellers just doesn't measure up.

I've been a member of this forum since the day it launched. We've had some rocky moments here - and I've had some huge life changes, so I've been on and off - but throughout all of it, I've had the support of Akelta and her entities, and the support of the Dark Divine which she was a major part of bringing into my life. I was headed in that direction before I met Akelta, but really, it's been through S&S, and specifically my friendship with Akelta, that I've truly found my place in my own world. Akelta saved my life, and saved my spirit. Her friendship and the companions she freely sent my way are why I'm here at ALL today, and there's no way I can thank such kindness, love, and generosity.

I'm not the only one with a story like that. There isn't a person here who hasn't been deeply touched by the work of the Priestesses of S&S. I hope that you find your own journey with us here every bit as rewarding, revealing, and life-changing.

Be well.
-Raven
"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”