Some Advice

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

Dorian
Patron Deities: Succubi

Sorry forgot to ask, is it possible to explain my situation to the priestess's in maybe an email and perhaps they may have an idea of a suitable companion, again maybe with their knowledge they could sense things I could not. If I were to invite a companion into my life it would be great to find the right race of Demon.

I imagine they are very busy, but does anyone know if you can ask them to help?
Shifa
Patron Deities: Ceiling Cat
Your favourite Demon?: Basement Cat

You can surely ask them anything you are looking for in a custom.
I don’t know if you are stuck on demons but there are many races that could be sensual.
And like others said, anything among demons or otherwise could be surprisingly sexual and loving for you. You may perhaps find a past life lover or something.

Consider looking outside the demon pantheon for help too if you like.
I never hesitate to recommend Loki. =^.^=
Also perhaps Eros or Aphrodite?

But I absolutely want to stress that you should get out and enjoy life, and continue to seek human contact.
Life is precious and fleeting. Treasure those around you.
Get out there and be social, and be grateful for the blessings in your life.
Fall into the depths of nothingness beyond the dark
Shifa

I also want to add that you should not seek solace from the spirit world alone.
Otherwise you’ll become angry, bitter, and even more lonely.
It is absolutely not worth the lost friendships with real people.
Dorian

Thanks Lokakisa, I'm not a total recluse and I do have colleague's at work whom I talk with. I also have family.

I have seen in the FAQs that if you send the Priestess's a photo, they can screen it for your energy and guide in matching you with the right race. I have looked at other possibilities, but I see that you get a lot of extra information on bonding with your companion, such as Sigel's and Enns and a bonding course. Some of the sites I have viewed will just conjure you a companion, without the proper bonding information or it seems you have to keep visiting their forum or emailing them. This site seems very comprehensive,

I wouldn't say I was a follower of the L.H.P , but I am open minded and want to make my own mind up about spiritual things and not believe everything. In fact I used to consider myself a Christian, but found out that a lot of them are hypocrites, but that's another story.
Dorian

Sorry I am also interested to know if anyone can use the 21 day bonding course or do you need any particular abilities or skills, I mean a beginner. Also by looking on here, that there are areas that folk have created for their companions where they give offerings, devotions. If I were to invite a companion would I need to create an area in my home? Also I saw in the FAQs that Demons are God's in their own right, so would it be good to have that attitude when contacting them or working with them, of worship

Again sorry for all the questions, but I'm here to learn, in fact asking these questions and asking for advice has given my mind focus, which is good.
Gauche
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

Keep in mind the way that the conjures and spells work is that you wont get their sigil,enn,or even their name for a good while. Your companion will visit you,and youll know they are there,but it will be even more vital for you to be able to still your mind and reach out for bonding. I use the 21 day bonding ritual but omit their name because i simply do not know it and i am unable to hear their voice. My gift is feeling their energy and touches,and having brief periods where i feel so in rune that i feel their feelings and not just my own feelings so i can feel when something is good to do or how they feel about things without hearing direct answers. My hearing is getting better though,i can hear their laugh sometimes,sometimes squawking sounds. As for altars and offerings,they are not required but are always well recieved. I do not have an altar set for my companion at the moment,nor do i have a write up of their info or anything like that,but offerings can be simple. I found my companion seems to like lavender smells so sometimes i will put lavender essential oil on a candle and light it for a bit,invite them to join me in meditation,or i sometimes put lavender teabags in my bath water when im going to soak. It doesnt have to be anything off the wall or crazy. Its suggested you keep a journal of your results while bonding to be able to verify things when you do get your write up with their information. The delay is done intentionally and i think it helps to try ans instill confidence in your own abilities, though it does bother me not knowing their name. As for the priestesses scanning your energy and making suggestions, i do believe that is something they could do for you, but i think that is done for any custom conjure anyways for any rank or sort of demon based on what qualities or traits you were asking for. I think you mentioned an ubi earlier in one of your posts..in the realms of demons, have you thought about a desire demon,or maybe a divinity demon? It isnt uncommon for demons to be sexual companions and isnt restricted to just the ubis,its just that ubis are a feeder type.
Just imagine a desperate scream from far away;You can't hear what its saying but you know whats about to happen and its going to be really...painful

Shifa

I apologize if I gave you the wrong impression, Dorian.
I was referring to mistakes I have made myself and just offering cautionary advice.

I think you should feel comfortable to worship and such in your own way. Don’t let anyone tell you “this is how it’s done.” Ultimately the LHP and paganism in general has a lot of flexibility. You will of course encounter people who are sticklers for certain things. But you do you.
You can have an altar on not have an altar. It wouldn’t be a bad idea per se to have a space for a deity, and/or a nice spot for offerings to companions. People commune and offer in many ways. You can make things, do activities together, do works in their name, etc. Get out in nature, or in their realm of domain.

I seem to remember sending a photo for a S&S service, but I don’t think it’s required for conjures. Don’t be shy to discuss anything with them if that’s who you’re going with. I agree that the extra stuff you get (compared to other conjurers) is nice. There are some sellers who can offer extra things too, sometimes it comes with it and sometimes it’s an extra fee.
I know that people encourage you to do as much work on your own and not rely on others.
The 21 day ritual is for everybody. It is often recommended to do it (even for non-S&S conjures) no matter your skill level. People tell me to spend as much time on it as you need.
I am not a beginner, but I suck at everything. Don’t be afraid to try anything at all that might be helpful.

As for divinity, I think it depends on who you ask ...there are those who call the Demon Lords and Ladies gods, and those who call them masks or archetypes or versions of your inner/higher self.
For me, anyone who is part of a pantheon (including the demon lists like the Goetia) I call a deity, anything else I consider a sacred being. That’s just me though.
I think this is really up to you how to approach them in that respect. As long as it’s with respect!

There are people called “piety police,” who will tell you how to go about your spirituality (typically reconstructionists), but you do what fits in your paradigm. It doesn’t hurt though to do some reading up on historical and cultural information for guidance.
Dorian

No need to apologize Lokakisa, I'm grateful for your advice.No the reason I asked about a kind of worship area is that I am watching a series called The Vikings and It is interesting to see how they worshipped their Gods and made sacrifices to them.

What I think I'm also trying to say, is if you approached a Demon companion as a God or your particular God or Goddess and had the mindset of worshipping them, would you build a stronger bond/connection with them? Again I'm still new to this, so I may saying the wrong stuff.

I mean for me, in my own mind I see a Demon as a powerful being, able to influence and bring changes to a person's life.
Passchendaele
Patron Deities: none (yet)
Your favourite Demon?: Beelzebub, Lucifer, Lord Satan, Marquess Marchosias
Number of Demon Familiars: 0

Conium wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:55 am
This isn't a crazy question at all.

First off, I'm going to agree with Belladonna, make sure that you have a strong spiritual foundation in place before you decide for or against welcoming a companion into your life, that's just standard advice for anyone asking about companionship.

There's also no real right or wrong time to have a companion either. When your life is in a state of unrest or chaos, your companions will be able to guide you towards clearer skies and can help you to truly transform your life.

I know you mentioned that you want to welcome a succubus into your life, but I'm being urged to ask you to really look at all of the listings and different types of Demon Companions that S&S offers. There may be a better suited either race or rank that will help you. And don't worry about missing out on a sensuous relationship with a different companion. Your companion may be open to a romantic relationship anyway, you can even send the Priestesses an email with a list of qualities that you're looking for in your companion and they will find the perfect demon for you.

You also mentioned that you're exhibiting some signs of depression. I'm asking you, from one internet stranger to another, to seek professional advice in tandem with working with a companion. Loka also offers really good advice. Get out there and spend time doing things that you enjoy. I have a feeling that working to better your life through companionship, therapy, and rediscovering the "joie de vivre" you can make amazing strides in your life.
As someone who has been cultivating depression since kindergarten, find a really good therapist. Take your time and get it right. You will NOT regret that. All of us here on the Material Plane have to do things the hard way, it's one of the lessons of Material existence. A point to remember, demons do not experience time as us ground-pounders do. Past, present and future are all one for them. Your Companion already knows who you are, even if your waking self has no clue who she/he is. Don't be afraid to reach out. If you feel uncomfortable doing that, then hold off. It's your life and your Path, YOU decide on the timing, your Companion will totally understand. Your therapist also. I got sooooooooo lucky finding a therapist almost right away who was really attuned to what I needed, even though I had no idea.

Um...I don't have a Companion yet, but I think you should avoid "nicknames" until you get permission to create one. Don't call your Companion "Snookems" on your first date, so to speak. Just say'n. :winkdevil:
"Push something hard enough...and it will fall over."
Fudds First Law Of Opposition

“All art that is not mere storytelling or mere portraiture is symbolic...If you liberate a person or a landscape from the bonds of motives and their actions, causes and their effects...it will change under your eyes, and become a symbol of infinite emotion, a perfected emotion, a part of the Dark Divine Essence.”

William Butler Yeats

(The italicized word “dark” is my addition.)

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”