Recommended books for beginners (mainly LHP)

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

Kristen

HI all,

Not sure if this is here somewhere but I wanted to start a thread (for myself mainly but hope its okay and it might help other newbies) - I would like recommendations on books for basics on the left hand path, Goetia or whatever else in line with the "darker" path and whether they helped you, what you recommend, found best, etc.

I thought it might be nice (if the mods agree) to have a specific section on this? Would really appreciate ideas and then I can hopefully go about adding to my ever expanding collection of books but this time in the left hand occult path.

Gauche
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

Kristen wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:59 pm
HI all,

Not sure if this is here somewhere but I wanted to start a thread (for myself mainly but hope its okay and it might help other newbies) - I would like recommendations on books for basics on the left hand path, Goetia or whatever else in line with the "darker" path and whether they helped you, what you recommend, found best, etc.

I thought it might be nice (if the mods agree) to have a specific section on this? Would really appreciate ideas and then I can hopefully go about adding to my ever expanding collection of books but this time in the left hand occult path.

I have an absolute massive collection of books i own and some on my wish list if you're still interested. A lot are left hand path,some middle path,others just theory but they each have the ability to teach you something,if not just opening your perception around you. If you are still looking for suggestions,that is.
Just imagine a desperate scream from far away;You can't hear what its saying but you know whats about to happen and its going to be really...painful

Dragona
Patron Deities: Hecate

I'm not sure about Kristen but I'm sure interested in more books!

I really need another bookcase, each of my shelves or doubled, a row in the front and a row in the back so, I had to start getting kindle books until I get another bookcase. Would appreciate some titles/authors.
Gauche

Dragona wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:08 am

I really need another bookcase, each of my shelves or doubled, a row in the front and a row in the back so, I had to start getting kindle books until I get another bookcase. Would appreciate some titles/authors.
Ill write a list in a suggested order of my personal library probably on saturday for you
Just imagine a desperate scream from far away;You can't hear what its saying but you know whats about to happen and its going to be really...painful

Dragona

Gauche wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:49 pm
Dragona wrote:

Ill write a list in a suggested order of my personal library probably on saturday for you
That would be terrific, thank you!
Gauche

Dragona wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:58 pm
Gauche wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:49 pm
Dragona wrote:

That would be terrific, thank you!
Okay. So I will put this list out in a few separate installments because my library is massive and I have to glance over my notes about each book. I know you said mainly LHP, but this is the order I would suggest basically because I have no idea what you've already been exposed to or not, and the way I built my library was going into a certain order so things would connect with me and make the most sense. Anyways, here goes:

1) Hermetica: The Greek Corpus Hermeticum by Hermes Trismegistus
2)The Hermetica: Lost Wisdom Of The Pharaohs by: Freke and Gandy
3)Initiation into Hermetics by Franz Bardon
4) The Egyptian Book Of The Dead ((pretty much any version))
These may seem out of place, however it is believed most demon worship originated in that flow,and the next book makes way more sense if you read these first.
5) The Complete Book of Demonolatry by S. Connolly (( she makes a lot of references to these books and even suggests reading them before finishing this book, but personally I would go the other route, read those first,and then pick this book up, because this book is half lesson and half work book with exercises))
6)Curses,Hexes,& Crossing: A magician's Guide to Execration Magick- S.Connolly

***These can be read at any time, but I would still read Curses,Hexes,& Crossing first***
7)*Vampire's Way to Psychic Self-Defense by John Kreiter
8)*Practical Psychic Self-Defense Handbook by Robert Bruce ((Suggested to me by:Aprophis))
9)*Psychic Self-Defense by Dion Fortune ((Suggested to me by:Aprophis))

***These would be the equal to grimoires and are a change of perspective with a lot of that overlap in interesting ways***
10)*The Exorcist's Handbook by Josephine McCarthy
11)*The book of Forbidden Knowledge by Johnson smith a co, edited by Tarl Warwick
12)*Remy's Demonolatry ((Mentioned by S. Connolly in one of her books. It's basically like a Witch's hammer))
************************************************************************************************************
now back on track..
13) Demonolater's Guide to Daemonic Magick by S. Connolly ((I intentionally mentioned this after her curse's. I feel you get more out of it this way))
14) Infernal Face's of Hekate by Edgar Kerval
15)Liber Lilith
16)Lucifer Princeps
This is just a small portion of my library, but I feel like on a scale of beginner,the list stops here,and then would move on to intermediate,but I don't want to overwhelm you lol

Dragona

I'll try my best not to get overwhelmed LOL!

Some books I have and most I don't so I'll be getting them and studying them. Great stuff!

I'll look forward to anything else you may recommend.
Noctua
Patron Deities: Loki

I'll throw in a recommendation for Qabalah, Qliphoth and Goetic Magic by Thomas Karlsson.
Its basis is in the Kabbalistic framework of lhp-oriented ideals by focus on the Qliphoth, done in such a way as to introduce you to what the 'nightside' path of gnosis (as I like to call it) is all about, major 'players' along the course, and of course there is a full section of Goetic correspondences. It's very accessible, a solid reference.
"Do you even know that I know everything? I can see you like a.. sponge."
Daxflame

"No."
David Lynch
Dragona

Noctua wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:42 am
I'll throw in a recommendation for Qabalah, Qliphoth and Goetic Magic by Thomas Karlsson.
Its basis is in the Kabbalistic framework of lhp-oriented ideals by focus on the Qliphoth, done in such a way as to introduce you to what the 'nightside' path of gnosis (as I like to call it) is all about, major 'players' along the course, and of course there is a full section of Goetic correspondences. It's very accessible, a solid reference.
Great thank you! I added this to my list too.

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”