Asked for guidance - got names!

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

Kristen

Hi all, I decided to ask archangel Raziel and Father/Mother Satan for some guidance on who would be demons to work with for a beginner. I did get an answer straight away and now I'm perplexed.

The names I got were, in this order, Stolas, Orobas and Vassago. I "felt" Vassago would be the one to go for.

Now, the more I read, the more unsure I am of these particular demons. I've heard, for example, Stolas doesn't like dogs (one person's UPG) and I have a dog. She hangs around me oftentimes when I'm doing spiritual stuff and she just walks into the circle. Its as though she knows and comes to check on me.

Also, I read more on Vassago and it seems he's more for divination and that you should have a very good reason to call upon him. I did call him and explain myself, etc. I try to be polite, respectful, etc. I just wanted to introduce myself. Maybe I should introduce myself to all three?

Ideally, I would like to work with crystals, herbs, animals, magick in general and also my spiritual ascension/progress.

Anyone have experiences with these aforementioned demons? I do think I've seen someone mention Stolas before - is he safe around your pets? Funny, I'm not asking if he (or the others) are safe around my 12 year old son! (?!) He seems very interested in my ouija board but I'm more interested in making a connection with demons and communication lines opening with them to learn from them, as I would like more knowledge and wisdom also.

Thanks people :devilread: :devillove:
User50
Patron Deities: Murmur
Your favourite Demon?: Murmur, Vassago, Zagan, Bifrons, Gamigin, Valefor, Gusion, Stolas
Number of Demon Familiars: 1

Prince Stolas is generally a good go-to for beginner work because he does not mind beginners and has a great deal of patience. He works predominately with astrology/astronomy and herbs/plants. The first time I fully saw him in my astral temple, he was an owl faced demon with delicate horns, flowing robes, and a flower crown made of nightshade. Which, I'll admit, I was not at all expecting, but it's how I've come to view him now. He was very calm and patient, and almost seemed giddy at clever connections and nontraditional methods, so he really likes quick thinking and willing to think through a problem to see more solutions. I have never heard of him not liking dogs before. Interesting. It could be that person's dog in particular.

If you do call up Prince Stolas and it's not a match for working together, he's very calm and cordial about it, so no hard feelings. He's also patient with beginner questions. Part of why I recommend him so often.

Prince Orobas is another go-to for beginners because he is straight forward and won't mislead a person even as a test. He's honest to a fault. I haven't seen him in scrying or astral work, so I cannot comment on that. I do know, however, that he is incredibly friendly, and when I called on him to help a friend who was being wrongly accused and threatened by family, within the hour they apologized to her and sat down to really talk, and she's been able to build what had been a very toxic home life into something more bearable. Speaking of, every so often I light a candle for him in thanks for that.

Prince Orobas is another safe one to contact as a beginner, is patient and supportive.

Now, Prince Vassago... I've seen a lot of mixed commentary on whether or not he is good for beginners. S Connolly noted that of all the divination demons, he is probably the most difficult to work with. And yet, in the Ars Goetia, it says he is of a good nature like Agares. The majority of commentary I have been passed about Prince Vassago is that he has a tendency to present to people either as an angel or something very strange, alien, and eldritch. Or a mix of the two. For me, he definitely presented as a mix of the two. However, it is largely thanks to Prince Vassago appearing to me as I was trying to rekindle my practice that I have advanced and improved so much, and found such lovely communities.

If you are interested in divination of any sorts, Prince Vassago is very much about divination, and finding lost things-- literally and figuratively. He, in fact, helped point me to some communities I am active in today, not to mention helped me find my Patron. Every so often he will just appear in my life and at this point, I know the signs to look for and know that he has a specific reason for doing so. I very much treasure his mentorship.

Is he for everyone? Not so much. However, if you are interested in communicating with him, definitely do reach out.

Hopefully this wall of text has helped some!
‎☼ Fra. Solaris Liari, Ordo Sonitus Lux, the Order of the Good Death ‎☼
Kristen

RevenantOracle wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:38 pm
Prince Stolas is generally a good go-to for beginner work because he does not mind beginners and has a great deal of patience. He works predominately with astrology/astronomy and herbs/plants. The first time I fully saw him in my astral temple, he was an owl faced demon with delicate horns, flowing robes, and a flower crown made of nightshade. Which, I'll admit, I was not at all expecting, but it's how I've come to view him now. He was very calm and patient, and almost seemed giddy at clever connections and nontraditional methods, so he really likes quick thinking and willing to think through a problem to see more solutions. I have never heard of him not liking dogs before. Interesting. It could be that person's dog in particular.

If you do call up Prince Stolas and it's not a match for working together, he's very calm and cordial about it, so no hard feelings. He's also patient with beginner questions. Part of why I recommend him so often.

Prince Orobas is another go-to for beginners because he is straight forward and won't mislead a person even as a test. He's honest to a fault. I haven't seen him in scrying or astral work, so I cannot comment on that. I do know, however, that he is incredibly friendly, and when I called on him to help a friend who was being wrongly accused and threatened by family, within the hour they apologized to her and sat down to really talk, and she's been able to build what had been a very toxic home life into something more bearable. Speaking of, every so often I light a candle for him in thanks for that.

Prince Orobas is another safe one to contact as a beginner, is patient and supportive.

Now, Prince Vassago... I've seen a lot of mixed commentary on whether or not he is good for beginners. S Connolly noted that of all the divination demons, he is probably the most difficult to work with. And yet, in the Ars Goetia, it says he is of a good nature like Agares. The majority of commentary I have been passed about Prince Vassago is that he has a tendency to present to people either as an angel or something very strange, alien, and eldritch. Or a mix of the two. For me, he definitely presented as a mix of the two. However, it is largely thanks to Prince Vassago appearing to me as I was trying to rekindle my practice that I have advanced and improved so much, and found such lovely communities.

If you are interested in divination of any sorts, Prince Vassago is very much about divination, and finding lost things-- literally and figuratively. He, in fact, helped point me to some communities I am active in today, not to mention helped me find my Patron. Every so often he will just appear in my life and at this point, I know the signs to look for and know that he has a specific reason for doing so. I very much treasure his mentorship.

Is he for everyone? Not so much. However, if you are interested in communicating with him, definitely do reach out.

LOL, wall of text :grindevil:

Thank you so much Revenant Oracle! This is very helpful. Perhaps I should approach both Stolas and Orobas - maybe it isn't a bad idea to introduce myself to them also. I like the sound of how these beings helped you in your path/practice.

Much food for thought, sorry, not very verbose right now :devilthumbs: :ideadevil:
Admyrer
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

Kristen wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:16 am
RevenantOracle wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:38 pm

LOL, wall of text :grindevil:

Thank you so much Revenant Oracle! This is very helpful. Perhaps I should approach both Stolas and Orobas - maybe it isn't a bad idea to introduce myself to them also. I like the sound of how these beings helped you in your path/practice.

Much food for thought, sorry, not very verbose right now :devilthumbs: :ideadevil:
I am only involved a bit more then a year myself so I understand the issue . Prince Orobas would be my choice and is part of my path . He not only doesn't mess up his but also makes sure his are not messed up by other spirits OR humans . The condition of involvement with him that I find comforting is that he also will become very disturbed if I cheat or deceive another . That is how I want my path to be but that may not work for others . Hopefully this adds a bit to your choices . :devilsecret:
Kristen

Thank you Admyrer! Yes, that does add something to my considerations. I like the idea of a demon who has some similar morals to me. I also like the idea of someone protective. I am very new to the darker path so would like to tread somewhat carefully. I am probably not as cautious as I could be but I am an Aries after all! I do try to let them know I don't want to waste their time and that I am not sure where I'm going with all this.

Many thanks :ideadevil: :devilclap:

(I didn't quote you because the quote would have ended up longer than the post! That already happened and as much as I want the person I'm replying to to know I'm reading their post, I don't want the post to be lost after the quoted text).
laalbieglna
Patron Deities: Angrboda and Loki
Your favourite Demon?: Goetics
Number of Demon Familiars: 26

Kristen wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:26 pm
Hi all, I decided to ask archangel Raziel and Father/Mother Satan for some guidance on who would be demons to work with for a beginner. I did get an answer straight away and now I'm perplexed.

The names I got were, in this order, Stolas, Orobas and Vassago. I "felt" Vassago would be the one to go for.

Now, the more I read, the more unsure I am of these particular demons. I've heard, for example, Stolas doesn't like dogs (one person's UPG) and I have a dog. She hangs around me oftentimes when I'm doing spiritual stuff and she just walks into the circle. Its as though she knows and comes to check on me.

Also, I read more on Vassago and it seems he's more for divination and that you should have a very good reason to call upon him. I did call him and explain myself, etc. I try to be polite, respectful, etc. I just wanted to introduce myself. Maybe I should introduce myself to all three?

Ideally, I would like to work with crystals, herbs, animals, magick in general and also my spiritual ascension/progress.

Anyone have experiences with these aforementioned demons? I do think I've seen someone mention Stolas before - is he safe around your pets? Funny, I'm not asking if he (or the others) are safe around my 12 year old son! (?!) He seems very interested in my ouija board but I'm more interested in making a connection with demons and communication lines opening with them to learn from them, as I would like more knowledge and wisdom also.

Thanks people :devilread: :devillove:
If you received names, then I would go with what you received, period, and work with all of them. I have a practice that honors all 72 of the Goetic divinities. I would say, to address your questions briefly, I ... don't have any idea what the "Stolas doesn't like dogs" is about--dogs did not come up for us, but I worship Stolas as a deity of horticulture and herbal medicine. For me, Stolas answered my call immediately and appears as female.

For Vasago, I have heard similar things, but I also had my child work with him directly at the age of 5 for his struggles at school and nothing terrible happened.

In my experience if you have a reason to approach a deity (such as receiving a name) and approach them respectfully for the deities that they are, they aren't going to just suddenly smite you (or your dog). The worst that is likely to happen is that you don't feel a connection and chose to stop trying to work with them regularly. That said, regular devotional work is key for building a connection -- self-work, prayers, offerings, chanting enns, setting up an altar space, time connecting and sitting with them in meditation -- these are absolutely key. It is fine to honor gods you don't work with regularly in the context of, say, a group ritual here or there, but if you are serious about building a relationship it will take daily commitment. And don't be afraid to trust in them and take the leap. They appreciate that acknowledgment. But do be respectful, and it should be fine -- you are here, after all, asking the questions, so you seem like you are already serious and on the right path.

Blessings to you!
Kristen

Thank you laalbieglna! I appreciate all the input I can get. Your approach makes sense to me, you are most likely right, I won't be smote (is that the past tense of smite?), especially if I am respectful. Yes, probably right I should approach them all. Mind you, it can end up being like so many options to choose from! I've since come up with other possibilities myself but having asked Satan specifically (and archangel Raziel), I should probably go with the answers I received.

Thanks! :devilgrin: :devilflame:

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”