Sigil alteration

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

moonwolfsingingnz

I came across this video on YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU9-KOeZs0E&t=6s. It's about the dangers of sigil altering. I wondered if someone knowledgeable could offer some comments and pointers about sigil alteration. Apparently even meditating with an altered sigil can be harmful. Additionally, what is the significance of a circle or other shape drawn around a sigil? Is that shape a means to control the spirit involved? If one was to draw a sigil incorrectly or put a circle where there should be none, might this also be harmful to all involved?
Red6joker
Patron Deities: Lord Lucifer, Lady Scylla
Your favourite Demon?: Lord Lucifer, Lord Satan, all of my awesome companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 93

From my personal experience any alteration say like a poor self drawing, is fine and don't have any "dangers" that accompany it.

Adding things to a sigil or taking away from I have no personal opinion on, as I have not done that myself.

The circle around sigils are not meant for control and IF you go into using sigils with that mind set you will have some problems as that is extremely disrespectful.

I have drawn sigils without the circle and with, and have had no issues or problems.

As far as the video goes, there are people who are very strict on how they do things and there are those that are not. Neither is wrong, so relax and do it and find your own way of doing things. This path is one of learning.
Darth Moronius

is like dont do what you dont know nothing or trust

at least is like eating cooking, good recipe, good taste. alter recipe, no gaurante is good or vomit
worst is like eating drug. corect ingredient, good benefit. alter ingredient, no guarante is good or kill you
:headbang:
Gauche
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

If youre the one altering it because you want it altered, i would advise against it. If you are working and being guided by that particular deity and theyre guiding you to,sure. If youre self drawing one in honor of the deity,sure. I believe intent plays a very strong factor here. Even with working with custom companions, it isnt something randomly made. It has to be something that represents them,thay resonates with them,and if they are not okay with it im sure you would know. That is part of what takes a custom so long to be completed. Imagine trying to hold yourself in astral, communicate with a companion,translating the communication to be understood,and then trying to take all of thay and create a design that represents them and what they stand for on a flat surface. Now imagine your interpretation is a sign that may have been in 3 dimensions,or 4 dimensions,amd now you are trying to make thay flat on paper..now imagine how insulting it would be to ignore all of that and just be like..yeah ill add this curve here and take away that fork..
Just imagine a desperate scream from far away;You can't hear what its saying but you know whats about to happen and its going to be really...painful

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”