My astral projection practice this far

A place to discuss meditation techniques and Altered States of Consciousness.
1(13)666(13)1
SINNER OF THE FORUM
Number of Demon Familiars: 8

I started practice astral projection, quite some time ago. It was till three nights ago however, that I started doing it consistently before bed and when I would wake up. That said, my attempts have gotten stranger and stranger. Last night being the strangest. It is also important to note that I don't sleep through the night, I wake up periodically and reminded to attempt to astral project each time.

This should be short.

I was going to bed. I payed down on my stomach(my preferred sleeping position) and started to relax and get into my "zone". After a while, everything went black(or at least my memory got turned off?) then something snapped my attention back to my body. I'm still laying bed, I don't know how long it's been since I blacked out but there's a numbness all over. Suddenly it feels like my skin is crawling and need to move becomes unbearable. I move my arms, my legs, open eyes, I'm awake. I look around, just my room. It's weird though, my bodies really light and when I touch myself, I don't recognize it as "me"? It feels like I'm touching someone else. My heads feels strange also and I feel very light. I don't know how long I spent running my hand over my body and tossing and turning before darkness enveloped me again.

I woke sometime later in the night. Still in my body, starring the wall, wondering why I am awake. A bell. One. A bell tolls behind me, in my room, it's ear piercing and echoes in my skull. Then a growl, a deep gurtaly growl. Next I hear someone moving around my room. Something slithering across the floor. I look over my shoulder, but not with my head, I am aware my body is not moving and yet, I am no longer facing the wall. I'm looking at my room. I don't see anything besides my room. But I can feel something there. Terror has gripped my body and I am trying to relax. Normally my room is dark,like most rooms around 3 am but I noticed something specifically different. The room is grey, is hazy filled grey. Like I'm in a black and white show. I can feel eyes on me but the terror is subsiding. Darkness takes hold again. Now it is morning.
SerenitySpells
Patron Deities: Hades, Haagenti, Oriax, Morrigan,
Your favourite Demon?: King Paimon, Buer, Haagenti and Oriax
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

Wow that sounded intense. I have never astral projected as far as I am aware and I would assume one would be aware of it. I basically close my eyes and lie there thinking "well I'm still awake the Kalms have not worked". Then eventually I sleep. There seems to be no in-between. My mind is very very active and I struggle to switch off and relax and I wonder if that is part of the problem. Even in guided meditations I get annoyed and my mind makes up my own story and then I have to wait on a path for the narrator to get to the stage I am at. I also see myself in dreams and mediation in 3rd person and when it is in 1st person its only a few seconds as I end up toggling between 3rd and 1st.

Any tips on how to relax to astral project would be great. Or even on how to switch off.
:witch:

“One cannot step twice in the same river” – Heraclitus

“The unexamined life is not worth living” – Socrates

Return to “Meditation and Altered States”