Astral Body Senses vs Physical Body Senses

Astral Projection, Lucid Dreaming, OBE's, and other forms of Spiritual Travel discussed here.
User546
Patron Deities: Lord Satan, Lady Lilith, Lord Leviathan, Lord Lucifer, Lord Azazel, Lord Mammon, Lord Beelzebub
Your favourite Demon?: My Companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

I've got an astral projection question for y'all.

For those that can project, while you're out of body do you still feel your physical body in addition to your astral body?

Or does your consciousness switch over completely to your astral body?

:meditate:
Inanna
Patron Deities: Lilith, Hekate
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer, Azazel

One time I had wanted to confirm if I could sense my physical body so I paid attention, and indeed I could feel my physical chest rising and falling as I was laying in bed breathing while I was walking around freely in the astral environment in my astral body. It is generally not recommended to think about your physical body while astral projecting though as the thought can snap you right back into the physical.
Thou shalt know that all battles can be won through silence.
Gauche
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

I cant project at will on my own, one of my companions has to pull me out. For me i can feel my astral and physical bodies at the same time. Sensations i feel on my physical body just feel amplified. If its too intense i get the boomerang effect where you uncontrollably fly back to your body. The senses and feelings just feel..i guess i can only say passive? Like when you breathe,you breath all day without realizing youre breathing..you just breathe automatically and it isnt apparent until you think about it. Same deal for me,but since it feels amplified,abnormalties boomerang me back. If my physical body gets too hot or too cold my astral freezes or feels scorched,it shocks me,and throws me back. Same thing with light or noise, moderate noise sounds catastrophic and extraneous lights can be so blinding they hurt.
Just imagine a desperate scream from far away;You can't hear what its saying but you know whats about to happen and its going to be really...painful

Heretique
Patron Deities: Set, Kali ma, guided heavily by Svengali and Lucifer
Your favourite Demon?: Svengali, Lucifer, Paimon, Azazel, Lucifuge Rofocale, Eurynomous, Namaah, Belial, Lord O
Number of Demon Familiars: 6

as others have said it can be done. it depends how deep you go as to how much you sense- in deeper trances its harder to sense and you can to an extent sever ties from sensing the physical body, however if focused on the physical body it can drag you back to it. Usually in deep trance your consciousness switches over ( for me deeper astral projection is goes into soul travel -basically obe, which is a shamanic concept and that is what i practice the most) mostly though there is still a slight awareness if you choose to focus on it. For me its hearing conversation that really drags me back and i have to focus much harder to what im doing on the otherworlds, but usually i server the ties so it isn't too disruptive- but that is my own personal practice. If i am walking in both worlds at once though you sense and interact on both planes and with both bodies and conciousnesss sits between but you learn to focus on one side or the other, but that takes more practice and work.
User546
Patron Deities: Lord Satan, Lady Lilith, Lord Leviathan, Lord Lucifer, Lord Azazel, Lord Mammon, Lord Beelzebub

Inanna wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:18 am
One time I had wanted to confirm if I could sense my physical body so I paid attention, and indeed I could feel my physical chest rising and falling as I was laying in bed breathing while I was walking around freely in the astral environment in my astral body. It is generally not recommended to think about your physical body while astral projecting though as the thought can snap you right back into the physical.
Thank you for your thoughts!

Yeah in my early learning attempts at OBE my physical sensations are so distracting from the shifting to astral! It definitely snaps me back in almost as soon as I feel like I'm starting to shift.
User546

Gauche wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:00 am
I cant project at will on my own, one of my companions has to pull me out. For me i can feel my astral and physical bodies at the same time. Sensations i feel on my physical body just feel amplified. If its too intense i get the boomerang effect where you uncontrollably fly back to your body. The senses and feelings just feel..i guess i can only say passive? Like when you breathe,you breath all day without realizing youre breathing..you just breathe automatically and it isnt apparent until you think about it. Same deal for me,but since it feels amplified,abnormalties boomerang me back. If my physical body gets too hot or too cold my astral freezes or feels scorched,it shocks me,and throws me back. Same thing with light or noise, moderate noise sounds catastrophic and extraneous lights can be so blinding they hurt.
Can I ask you what your process is for having your companion pull you out?

Were you able to project at all before working with a companion?

User546

Heretique wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:59 am
as others have said it can be done. it depends how deep you go as to how much you sense- in deeper trances its harder to sense and you can to an extent sever ties from sensing the physical body, however if focused on the physical body it can drag you back to it. Usually in deep trance your consciousness switches over ( for me deeper astral projection is goes into soul travel -basically obe, which is a shamanic concept and that is what i practice the most) mostly though there is still a slight awareness if you choose to focus on it. For me its hearing conversation that really drags me back and i have to focus much harder to what im doing on the otherworlds, but usually i server the ties so it isn't too disruptive- but that is my own personal practice. If i am walking in both worlds at once though you sense and interact on both planes and with both bodies and conciousnesss sits between but you learn to focus on one side or the other, but that takes more practice and work.
The gist of my question was actually trying to understand some of my experiences with attempting OBE. I'm just starting to learn and when my consciousness starts to shift a little bit, my mind gets really analytically focused like "IS IT HAPPENING NOW???" and I then I focus on my physical body and it snaps me back. It's really frustrating.

Gauche
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

Flux wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:56 pm
Gauche wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:00 am
Can I ask you what your process is for having your companion pull you out?

Were you able to project at all before working with a companion?

Both of my companions do it differently but from my process doesnt change. I reach out to whichever one I want to work with until i hear the high pitch ringing in my ears,and i ask them if they could pull me out of my body into the astral and that i seek their counsel on a deeper level. For the ubi i work with, we both try and match our vibrations. When we are in synch close enough,if my eyes are open i can see her zoom around as a red flowy spiritual ribbon. It feels like she uses some sort of method similar to reiki,how a master connects to the student for the "attunement". I think its a crown to crown chakra link,she connects to my crown and not my third eye. I have to have my eyes closed and be laying down at this point and concentrate on the link. It feels like my body sinks down and a warm small waterfall is flowing out of my crown. I havent perfected it with her,sometimes i lose focus halfway out and get sucked back in. If that happens she will break the link and ill start sweating really bad and we dont try again. I think on some level it is draining so she wont ever try and do it a second time in the same day if i messed up. Could be that i couldnt handle repeated attempts back to back,i dont rightly know.

For my chaos companion, she also does a crown to crown link but it breaks me into an immediate sweat. She hasnt pulled me out to the astral fully,and i think maybe the direct connection needed would be too strong for me currently as just that direct bond puts me in sweats--she prefers to pull me into lucid dreams instead of the astral plane but i can tell the link she uses is the same for the most part as my ubi companion,but kind of redirected.

The only thing i can think of that may be different is that i dont only have a binding of my companions to me ((theyre both aura bound)) but i had the priestesses allow my companions to have a binding of me to them. Because they each have a binding of myself to them--i can feel exactly when they visit because i recognize that piece of myself. It seems to help them and me all match the same frequency,and id wager that may have something to do with it as well. I think my chaos companion uses that binding as a magnet sort of to pull me into lucid dreams in conjunction with the crown to crown connection,but i could be wrong.
Just imagine a desperate scream from far away;You can't hear what its saying but you know whats about to happen and its going to be really...painful

User546

Gauche wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:39 pm
Both of my companions do it differently but from my process doesnt change. I reach out to whichever one I want to work with until i hear the high pitch ringing in my ears,and i ask them if they could pull me out of my body into the astral and that i seek their counsel on a deeper level. For the ubi i work with, we both try and match our vibrations. When we are in synch close enough,if my eyes are open i can see her zoom around as a red flowy spiritual ribbon. It feels like she uses some sort of method similar to reiki,how a master connects to the student for the "attunement". I think its a crown to crown chakra link,she connects to my crown and not my third eye. I have to have my eyes closed and be laying down at this point and concentrate on the link. It feels like my body sinks down and a warm small waterfall is flowing out of my crown. I havent perfected it with her,sometimes i lose focus halfway out and get sucked back in. If that happens she will break the link and ill start sweating really bad and we dont try again. I think on some level it is draining so she wont ever try and do it a second time in the same day if i messed up. Could be that i couldnt handle repeated attempts back to back,i dont rightly know.

For my chaos companion, she also does a crown to crown link but it breaks me into an immediate sweat. She hasnt pulled me out to the astral fully,and i think maybe the direct connection needed would be too strong for me currently as just that direct bond puts me in sweats--she prefers to pull me into lucid dreams instead of the astral plane but i can tell the link she uses is the same for the most part as my ubi companion,but kind of redirected.

The only thing i can think of that may be different is that i dont only have a binding of my companions to me ((theyre both aura bound)) but i had the priestesses allow my companions to have a binding of me to them. Because they each have a binding of myself to them--i can feel exactly when they visit because i recognize that piece of myself. It seems to help them and me all match the same frequency,and id wager that may have something to do with it as well. I think my chaos companion uses that binding as a magnet sort of to pull me into lucid dreams in conjunction with the crown to crown connection,but i could be wrong.
Thank you so much for sharing! That's really interesting. I will definitely be trying that with my DC when I feel ready.

Return to “Astral Projection, Lucid Dreaming, OBE's, and other forms of Spiritual Travel”