Personal Habits and Psychic Skills

A section for celebrating health and wellness!
User546
Patron Deities: Lord Satan, Lady Lilith, Lord Leviathan, Lord Lucifer, Lord Azazel, Lord Mammon, Lord Beelzebub
Your favourite Demon?: My Companions
Number of Demon Familiars: 5

Greetings Everyone!

I'd like to ask you all for your personal experiences on which of your personal habits have either positively or negatively effected the growth and activation of your psychic skills. There is so much conflicting information on this topic available on the internet, so I'm very interested in personal experiences over a third party opinion.

By personal habits I mean things like quality and quantity of sleep, hydration, exercise, sugar, caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, prescription drugs, internet and social media usage, daily spiritual practices, etc etc etc. For every article I've read that tells me that blank habit will totally shut down my third eye, I can easily find examples of individuals who do or do not do that thing who regardless have very strong psychic perceptions and/or ability to astral travel etc.

There was a very long period of time in my 20's and early 30's that I was a very heavy user of alcohol and drugs. Regardless of those habits I still had very strong clairsentience and a very open crown chakra and third eye, which primarily expressed itself through copious creative output in any media I could get my hands on. I think I might have been more open in my upper chakras than I could deal with at the time, which is why I turned to substances to "turn the volume down" so to speak. Especially since at that time I was an agnostic mathematician with no frame of reference or support for my spiritual self.

These days I am very moderate about any mind altering substances. I don't use nicotine at all, use sacred psychoactive drugs a few very carefully chosen times a year typically during ritual, a few times a week consume extremely small amounts of caffeine (usually in the form of green or white tea steeped very briefly), use high CBD cannabis socially or medicinally a few times a week, and use a moderate amount of alcohol socially on some weekends (although sometimes I go long periods without drinking when I feel I've overdone it). I'm also very careful about my diet, especially gmo foods, factory farmed meat, inflammatory foods, artificial ingredients, and refined sugars.

Because of the extreme overindulgence of my past, I am hyper-aware of my usage of these substances and much much harder on myself than I probably ought to be. Especially at this stage of my life when my primary interest is on my spiritual growth and practice. I know I should keep my body healthy to have a healthy energy body. More than anything I want to expand my psychic senses (especially clairvoyance and clairaudience) and learn to astral travel. But I also live in physical reality and do not desire to spend all my time in a monk like state of abstinence and meditation. So I allow myself moderate indulgence and occasional overindulgence (everything in moderation, even moderation!) so I can still enjoy the pleasures of the flesh.

I still regularly feel conflicted about my personal habits and caught up in a guilt/shame cycle even though I know I am trending towards healthier and healthier habits over time. I also know that guilt, shame, and fear are things that close up our psychic senses quickly. I need some external input to help me find some balance here.

I would be incredibly grateful for any stories of people who have noticed how their habits have impacted their psychic development, especially clairvoyance, clairaudience, and astral travel.

Thank you so much!

Infernal Blessings,
Flux

:crazy:
Gauche
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

Flux wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:31 pm
Greetings Everyone!

I'd like to ask you all for your personal experiences on which of your personal habits have either positively or negatively effected the growth and activation of your psychic skills. There is so much conflicting information on this topic available on the internet, so I'm very interested in personal experiences over a third party opinion.

By personal habits I mean things like quality and quantity of sleep, hydration, exercise, sugar, caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, prescription drugs, internet and social media usage, daily spiritual practices, etc etc etc. For every article I've read that tells me that blank habit will totally shut down my third eye, I can easily find examples of individuals who do or do not do that thing who regardless have very strong psychic perceptions and/or ability to astral travel etc.

There was a very long period of time in my 20's and early 30's that I was a very heavy user of alcohol and drugs. Regardless of those habits I still had very strong clairsentience and a very open crown chakra and third eye, which primarily expressed itself through copious creative output in any media I could get my hands on. I think I might have been more open in my upper chakras than I could deal with at the time, which is why I turned to substances to "turn the volume down" so to speak. Especially since at that time I was an agnostic mathematician with no frame of reference or support for my spiritual self.

These days I am very moderate about any mind altering substances. I don't use nicotine at all, use sacred psychoactive drugs a few very carefully chosen times a year typically during ritual, a few times a week consume extremely small amounts of caffeine (usually in the form of green or white tea steeped very briefly), use high CBD cannabis socially or medicinally a few times a week, and use a moderate amount of alcohol socially on some weekends (although sometimes I go long periods without drinking when I feel I've overdone it). I'm also very careful about my diet, especially gmo foods, factory farmed meat, inflammatory foods, artificial ingredients, and refined sugars.

Because of the extreme overindulgence of my past, I am hyper-aware of my usage of these substances and much much harder on myself than I probably ought to be. Especially at this stage of my life when my primary interest is on my spiritual growth and practice. I know I should keep my body healthy to have a healthy energy body. More than anything I want to expand my psychic senses (especially clairvoyance and clairaudience) and learn to astral travel. But I also live in physical reality and do not desire to spend all my time in a monk like state of abstinence and meditation. So I allow myself moderate indulgence and occasional overindulgence (everything in moderation, even moderation!) so I can still enjoy the pleasures of the flesh.

I still regularly feel conflicted about my personal habits and caught up in a guilt/shame cycle even though I know I am trending towards healthier and healthier habits over time. I also know that guilt, shame, and fear are things that close up our psychic senses quickly. I need some external input to help me find some balance here.

I would be incredibly grateful for any stories of people who have noticed how their habits have impacted their psychic development, especially clairvoyance, clairaudience, and astral travel.

Thank you so much!

Infernal Blessings,
Flux

:crazy:
I can only give some of my experience,though I don't typcially think in normal ways.

I am extremely sensitive to clairsentience,translating energies as feelings naturally, as well as a few more common traits. If i havent had enough proper sleep lately, it throws off my abilities to translate energies properly. If ive had a lot of trouble sleeping, if my chaos companion visits me in a dream i have some sort of vivid dreams or visions most people would consider nightmares. Not towards me,but overall very dark overtones.

Inversely, my clairaudient ability increases drastically when i havent slept regularly. I will hear high pitched noises when i feel companions or anything else speaking to me,though i have trouble making out direct words.

If im doing energy work or energy manipulating exercises,i find them much easier to do if ive been eating healthier,mainly veggies a very light meat. Probably because a clean diet uses less energy to actually digest and you can put more into workings.

A gift i have is that, if someone is focusing on me in some sort of ritual or casting,good or bad, i cant sometimes see images of the people/person/entity and sometimes nearby objects. In one instance,i seen and heard someone's cat. The same with objects that have had castings on them,or even just really personal objects in general. Somehow,i connect with those energies and can see things as if its the object itself remembering things that has happened to it,almost like the surrounding energies have stained and recorded stuff to it. I cant actively tap into that,i have no idea how or why i am able to accidentally activate it, but it does happen more frequently if i have taken a bath infused with lavender essential oils or a bath infused with herbal teas.
Just imagine a desperate scream from far away;You can't hear what its saying but you know whats about to happen and its going to be really...painful

User546
Patron Deities: Lord Satan, Lady Lilith, Lord Leviathan, Lord Lucifer, Lord Azazel, Lord Mammon, Lord Beelzebub

Gauche wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:25 pm
I can only give some of my experience,though I don't typcially think in normal ways.

I am extremely sensitive to clairsentience,translating energies as feelings naturally, as well as a few more common traits. If i havent had enough proper sleep lately, it throws off my abilities to translate energies properly. If ive had a lot of trouble sleeping, if my chaos companion visits me in a dream i have some sort of vivid dreams or visions most people would consider nightmares. Not towards me,but overall very dark overtones.

Inversely, my clairaudient ability increases drastically when i havent slept regularly. I will hear high pitched noises when i feel companions or anything else speaking to me,though i have trouble making out direct words.

If im doing energy work or energy manipulating exercises,i find them much easier to do if ive been eating healthier,mainly veggies a very light meat. Probably because a clean diet uses less energy to actually digest and you can put more into workings.

A gift i have is that, if someone is focusing on me in some sort of ritual or casting,good or bad, i cant sometimes see images of the people/person/entity and sometimes nearby objects. In one instance,i seen and heard someone's cat. The same with objects that have had castings on them,or even just really personal objects in general. Somehow,i connect with those energies and can see things as if its the object itself remembering things that has happened to it,almost like the surrounding energies have stained and recorded stuff to it. I cant actively tap into that,i have no idea how or why i am able to accidentally activate it, but it does happen more frequently if i have taken a bath infused with lavender essential oils or a bath infused with herbal teas.
Thank you so much for this! I can related to a lot of what you've mentioned. Clairsentience is my strongest clair followed by claircognizence. I definitely notice that lack of sleep really throws a wrench in my my psychic senses in general.

I also hear clairaudient stuff primarily as an energy sound that could definitely be described as similar to tinnitus. I also really feel the energy in my body as I'm hearing it, so it's almost always a combined perception so far.

I use ritual baths to cleanse my energy a couple times a week. Usually I use sea salt, vinegar, rosemary and various crystals. Your mention of herbal baths helping with perceptions has given me the idea to start bathing in mugwort tea again. Mugwort is a strong activator of the third eye, lucid dreaming, astral travel etc. I think I might try a combination of mugwort, tulsi, and lavender before bedtime.

After reading your post I had really unusual experience. All of what you wrote was very validating of my experiences recently and it made me feel really optimistic and fearless about my psychic senses. So much so that I spontaneously started picking up some clairvoyant open eye visuals from my demon companion! I decided on the spot that I was going to start saying YES to all my perception. If I think something I'm perceiving might be metaphysical, assume yes, go into it more, and see what happens. This train of thought immediately cascaded into a whole bunch of new and more vivid psychic perceptions.

So, thanks again! Your input gave me a big boost of confidence that got immediate results!!

:devilclap:
Gauche
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

Flux wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:50 pm
Gauche wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:25 pm

Thank you so much for this! I can related to a lot of what you've mentioned. Clairsentience is my strongest clair followed by claircognizence. I definitely notice that lack of sleep really throws a wrench in my my psychic senses in general.

I also hear clairaudient stuff primarily as an energy sound that could definitely be described as similar to tinnitus. I also really feel the energy in my body as I'm hearing it, so it's almost always a combined perception so far.

I use ritual baths to cleanse my energy a couple times a week. Usually I use sea salt, vinegar, rosemary and various crystals. Your mention of herbal baths helping with perceptions has given me the idea to start bathing in mugwort tea again. Mugwort is a strong activator of the third eye, lucid dreaming, astral travel etc. I think I might try a combination of mugwort, tulsi, and lavender before bedtime.

After reading your post I had really unusual experience. All of what you wrote was very validating of my experiences recently and it made me feel really optimistic and fearless about my psychic senses. So much so that I spontaneously started picking up some clairvoyant open eye visuals from my demon companion! I decided on the spot that I was going to start saying YES to all my perception. If I think something I'm perceiving might be metaphysical, assume yes, go into it more, and see what happens. This train of thought immediately cascaded into a whole bunch of new and more vivid psychic perceptions.

So, thanks again! Your input gave me a big boost of confidence that got immediate results!!

:devilclap:
Something you can try if you wanted to work on hearing more clearly..i have no idea why this works--or it may just be with me..but the ringing sound or steady whine sound that is similar to tinnitus or crickets..

Well i would suggest going on youtube and looking up a storm sound video,just one that plays thunderstorms. I use the 10 hour one on weekends..try hearing your companion when you have that going. For some reason,i think we translate energies similarly,and it kind of..im not sure how to explain it,but it seems to stabilize the high pitch noise. It..kind of helps decode i think? The buzzing wont be so loud but it will be easier to make sense of.
Then again..i cannot focus with meditative music,but natural turbulent sounds keep me in a more receptive state. If you try it,let me know what you think!
I may have to try mugwort. I mainly use ginger for healing properties and lots of lavender because it tends to help working with energies of passion.
Just imagine a desperate scream from far away;You can't hear what its saying but you know whats about to happen and its going to be really...painful

Conium
Patron Deities: Leviathan, Satan, Hecate, Hades
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

Personal habits, especially mundane ones that we don't really think about definitely have an effect on Spiritual Perception! I find that when I'm tired, stressed, not eating right, and generally just out of synch with my body (too much work/too little play) really hinders growth.

However, I've found that taking even ten minutes to meditate can negate a lot of the stressors that we're faced with after eating and hydrating adequately. It puts me back in tune with myself and allows the flow of energy to commence so that I personally can astral travel, communicate with my companions, and channel or whatever else I'm trying to do.

Now, psychotropics are an interesting discussion to have. For a lot of people, especially us with anxiety disorders or depression, they can really be beneficial to reducing the mundane stress which really helps in metaphysical pursuits.

Honestly, reducing mundane stress seems to be one of the best solutions to a lot of the problems that we can run into while attempting to grow within our own spirituality.

If you're open to aromatherapy/ generally using essential oils and don't have a cat around- mix together a bit of rosemary, basil, lemon, sweet orange, and grapefruit EOs. They're all extremely cleansing and can clear up the fog that can happen while being under stress (it's one of my favorite go-to combinations that can clear the fog). They're really energizing and uplifting scents that have a long history of cleansing and they have a tradition of being used in oil blends for hex-breaking, protection, purification, etc.

I hope this helps out a bit :crazy:
"Let your darkness lead you to your light."

“You know more than you think you know, just as you know less than you want to know.”
― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
User546

Conium wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:06 pm
Personal habits, especially mundane ones that we don't really think about definitely have an effect on Spiritual Perception! I find that when I'm tired, stressed, not eating right, and generally just out of synch with my body (too much work/too little play) really hinders growth.

However, I've found that taking even ten minutes to meditate can negate a lot of the stressors that we're faced with after eating and hydrating adequately. It puts me back in tune with myself and allows the flow of energy to commence so that I personally can astral travel, communicate with my companions, and channel or whatever else I'm trying to do.

Now, psychotropics are an interesting discussion to have. For a lot of people, especially us with anxiety disorders or depression, they can really be beneficial to reducing the mundane stress which really helps in metaphysical pursuits.

Honestly, reducing mundane stress seems to be one of the best solutions to a lot of the problems that we can run into while attempting to grow within our own spirituality.

If you're open to aromatherapy/ generally using essential oils and don't have a cat around- mix together a bit of rosemary, basil, lemon, sweet orange, and grapefruit EOs. They're all extremely cleansing and can clear up the fog that can happen while being under stress (it's one of my favorite go-to combinations that can clear the fog). They're really energizing and uplifting scents that have a long history of cleansing and they have a tradition of being used in oil blends for hex-breaking, protection, purification, etc.

I hope this helps out a bit :crazy:
Thank you so much for your input. Hearing personal stories about these things is so incredibly validating!

I am a daily meditator. I'm to the point in my journey with meditation that I prioritize it at the beginning of the day because it makes such a huge difference in my mood. I do a crystal layout like the one I posted elsewhere on my body and go through a ten minute cycle of intentional energy practices (breathing in love and breathing out fear, then cycling my energy through my body to keep things flowing, then charging my energy body up with a breathing practice to stretch my capacity to hold energy) followed by a ten minute void/mindfulness meditation.

I so so so agree about finding and reducing sources of mundane stress. I think of it just as an efficiency thing. I want all of my energy inside me so I can perceive and expand. I don't want it being slowly siphoned off by social media or political propaganda. Blech. I started to notice how draining it was, even if I limited myself to like 10 minutes a day on social media. I basically have become like a ninja, I log on only to check for messages from some creative groups I'm a part of and then log off before reading any feeds. It just feels so illusory and parasitic.

I love this community here so much in comparison! Everyone here seems so authentic. I'm still crushing about it. :devillove:

I am totally obsessed with aromatherapy and herbal medicine/magic! I bathe daily in a home made rosemary body wash and then do a light salt scrub afterwards.

I'll definitely try the blend you recommended! Which parts are no good for cats? There are cats in the house but they don't come in my room.

:ideadevil:
Conium

Flux wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:38 pm
Thank you so much for your input. Hearing personal stories about these things is so incredibly validating!

I am a daily meditator. I'm to the point in my journey with meditation that I prioritize it at the beginning of the day because it makes such a huge difference in my mood. I do a crystal layout like the one I posted elsewhere on my body and go through a ten minute cycle of intentional energy practices (breathing in love and breathing out fear, then cycling my energy through my body to keep things flowing, then charging my energy body up with a breathing practice to stretch my capacity to hold energy) followed by a ten minute void/mindfulness meditation.

I so so so agree about finding and reducing sources of mundane stress. I think of it just as an efficiency thing. I want all of my energy inside me so I can perceive and expand. I don't want it being slowly siphoned off by social media or political propaganda. Blech. I started to notice how draining it was, even if I limited myself to like 10 minutes a day on social media. I basically have become like a ninja, I log on only to check for messages from some creative groups I'm a part of and then log off before reading any feeds. It just feels so illusory and parasitic.

I love this community here so much in comparison! Everyone here seems so authentic. I'm still crushing about it. :devillove:

I am totally obsessed with aromatherapy and herbal medicine/magic! I bathe daily in a home made rosemary body wash and then do a light salt scrub afterwards.

I'll definitely try the blend you recommended! Which parts are no good for cats? There are cats in the house but they don't come in my room.

:ideadevil:
I incorporate herbal magic and medicine into just about anything I do! It was pretty much my re-introduction into the craft and reconnecting with this path and how I actually ended up here lol If you want to switch it up, one night do a sugar scrub to help sweeten things up instead of the salt scrub :devilgrin:

Pretty much the lemon, grapefruit, and sweet orange are toxic to cats because of the presence of d-limolene in the oils. But, to help kind of mitigate that, you just need to really smell them or wear them on something that the cat won't touch. But if the cats don't come into your room that's even better and you should (do some further research) be able to just use a diffuser in your room.

“You know more than you think you know, just as you know less than you want to know.”
User546

Conium wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:55 pm
I incorporate herbal magic and medicine into just about anything I do! It was pretty much my re-introduction into the craft and reconnecting with this path and how I actually ended up here lol If you want to switch it up, one night do a sugar scrub to help sweeten things up instead of the salt scrub :devilgrin:

Pretty much the lemon, grapefruit, and sweet orange are toxic to cats because of the presence of d-limolene in the oils. But, to help kind of mitigate that, you just need to really smell them or wear them on something that the cat won't touch. But if the cats don't come into your room that's even better and you should (do some further research) be able to just use a diffuser in your room.
What does the sugar do on a metaphysical level?

I know salt removes energy. Clearing is one of my most important daily practices because I'm a Projector in the Human Design system, with all of my centers open except three. If you're not into HD, it basically means that most of my chakras don't produce their own energy, but instead pick up energy from other people and the environment, so at the end of the day it's really important for me to do stuff that drains off all the external energy I've picked up throughout the day, so that I can sleep soundly. The up side of having so many centers open is that those are places where I can more easily perceive subtle energies since the signals aren't getting mixed in with my own personal energy.

Actually now that I'm typing this I'm realizing that I often do all my cleansing in the morning. I should probably make sure to do an energy clearing before bed too.

How did herbal magic lead you to this forum?

Cool, I'll try the blend you suggest in my diffuser. My favorite citrus oils are Yuzu and Red Mandarin. I usually just use the diffuser at night with my door closed, so there aren't any cats in the room then. Just snakes and insects.

:Cthulu:
Conium

Flux wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:35 am

What does the sugar do on a metaphysical level?

I know salt removes energy. Clearing is one of my most important daily practices because I'm a Projector in the Human Design system, with all of my centers open except three. If you're not into HD, it basically means that most of my chakras don't produce their own energy, but instead pick up energy from other people and the environment, so at the end of the day it's really important for me to do stuff that drains off all the external energy I've picked up throughout the day, so that I can sleep soundly. The up side of having so many centers open is that those are places where I can more easily perceive subtle energies since the signals aren't getting mixed in with my own personal energy.

Actually now that I'm typing this I'm realizing that I often do all my cleansing in the morning. I should probably make sure to do an energy clearing before bed too.

How did herbal magic lead you to this forum?

Cool, I'll try the blend you suggest in my diffuser. My favorite citrus oils are Yuzu and Red Mandarin. I usually just use the diffuser at night with my door closed, so there aren't any cats in the room then. Just snakes and insects.

:Cthulu:

Sugar is less metaphysical and more so magically charged as a sweetener. Think of the correspondence of sugar and sweetness. So utilizing that it aids a bit of sweetness to what you do :devilgrin:

I don't really follow HD much, but that's mostly because I don't know much about it. I'm a manifesting generator though, whatever that really means lol

Herbs and crystals started me on the path, and then I kind of went down the metaphysical/witchcraft rabbit hole with the usual stint in Wicca, and a brief foray into Levayan Satanism as an angsty teen. But I was actually lead to this forum by demons by way of a friend who mentioned that he's a spirit keeper and worked with demons. I was really curious and kept searching until one day I stumbled upon S&S.

Let me know how the blend worked for you!! :tentbiggrin:

User546

Conium wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:49 pm

Let me know how the blend worked for you!! :tentbiggrin:
I used what I had on hand, and threw in an extra couple ingredients to help with the upper respiratory illness I'm fighting off. So at the moment I'm diffusing one drop each of Rosemary, Holy Basil, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Lemon, Red Mandarin, and Lime.

It smells wonderful and it feels very up-lifting! Definitely a bubbly happiness from the citrus that I've been missing recently. I'm coming off a short depressive phase that happened because I moved my office and my home and all my exercise habits got disregulated.

I've been using a lot of florals to help soothe me emotionally from all the stress I was under. The citrus notes have a much more energizing feeling than the florals. I really like how this is shifting my mood.

Thanks for the recipe! I dig it!

:devilparty:

Return to “Health and Wellness”