Mmmmmmm Yummy!

A section for celebrating health and wellness!
Obsidian Goddess
Patron Deities: Hekate, Belial, President Camio
Your favourite Demon?: My own Demonic Darkness
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

One of my favorite things besides working out and eating is cooking! I am, cor the most part, vegan. However, I do occasionally indulge in dark chocolate and sometimes use butter for cooking... I also occasionally include cheeses in the meals I prepare as well, and on New Years, I always treat myself to crab legs... so I am pretty versatile when it comes to cooking healthy meals. I wanted to share one of my favorites because this meal is both packed with nutrient and protein as well as delicious! If anyone wants some other good recipes for any type of food, just let me know and I will be happy to be of help. I hope some of you enjoy this as much as I do!
The first thing: Sweet Potato Stew...
You will need:
1 tsp ground coriander or parsley
Optional 1 tsp ground cumin (makes it spicy!)
3/4 tsp pepper
1\2 tsp turmeric
1 large onion
4 garlic cloves, minced
3 carrots peeled and chopped ( or baby carrots)
Salt and pepper ( to taste)
15 oz can diced tomatoes and the juice
3 cups vegetable broth
5-6 oz fresh spinach leaves
1cup fresh chopped parsley
In a small bowl mix the spices and set them aside.
Dice up the onion, cut the carrots, and dice the sweet potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
Put all the veggies and garlic in a crock pot, sprinkle with all the spices, dump in the vegetable broth and can of tomatoes, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Do not add the spinach or fresh parsley yet.
Cook on high for about 5 hours, or low for about 8 hours.
During the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the parsley and spinach.

Mujadara
You will need:
4 cups of water, divided in half
I cup lentils
1 cup long grain white rice
2 large onions
1 tsp salt
Pepper, to taste
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tbsp olive oil
First, bring the lentils and 2 cups of water to boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes. Set aside.
While the lentils are cooking, place the rice in a bowl of water and let it soak, then chop the onions.
Put the oils and onion into a large skillet that has a cover and saute until quite dark. Darker than carmelized onions, and add the tsp of salt while cooking.
Add 2 cups of water to the onions when ready, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 2 minutes
Drain the water out of the rice, and if there is lots left in the lentils, drain that too while the onions are simmering.
Add the lentils, rice, and dashes of salt and pepper. Bring back to a boil, covered, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
I really like to serve this with traditional Greek salad....
I really hope you guys enjoy this!
Passion, sadness, eroticism... the pain and pleasure of lust... so deliciously and dangerously irresistible!
Kiku
Patron Deities: Freya, Loki, Set, Anubis
Your favourite Demon?: U, M, N, I, I, D, O, S, Z, family back home
Number of Demon Familiars: 9

Omg, Id definitely try out the sweet potato stew...!!!
Something fun to make during lockdown :devilclap: I really look forward to more recipes from you.
Whimsy

This sounds delicious! I might try and make a more simplistic version of this. Would it be weird to use bone stock for it instead? Thanks for the recipe!

I really appreciate your enthusiasm on this subject by the way!
Blckmagickx
Patron Deities: Lucifer
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

Even though i'm not a vegan it sounds delicious. I'm definitely gonna try this out. Thank you ! :grindevil:
Artemis_Belial
Patron Deities: Samael/Asmodeus
Your favourite Demon?: Ubi
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

I adore highly spiced vegetable dishes. That sounds so good.
Dancing naked into the night.

Return to “Health and Wellness”