Quick beauty tip

A section for celebrating health and wellness!
Obsidian Goddess
Patron Deities: Hekate, Belial, President Camio
Your favourite Demon?: My own Demonic Darkness
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

I have recently decided to be more cautious about the harsh and unnatural chemicals that are often put in personal care products... as you may know, during summer months I spend from sun up until sun down doing farming work outside in the sun and the elements, and as a result I used to complain about the premature wrinkles and sun damage to my face. I have tried everything on the market, and they are worthless gimmicks, basically, and don't work. I decided to try and come up with a natural and cheap solution to reduce the appearance of the damage and this works miracles, and fairly quickly!
First, let me PROMISE you, this won't stink... I am saying this now, because I know what you are going to think when you see the ingredients...lol!
I take roughly 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and add 5 drops each of Frankincense and Patchouli oil, then rub it in my face after I shower in the morning. Suprisingly, it is absorbed pretty quickly, doesn't leave my face feeling oily, and doesn't seem to cause acne (which I am sometimes prone to get). Just use it very sparingly, because a really small amount goes a long way. Within days I noticed a very significant reduction in fine lines and wrinkles, and my skin tone improved incredibly! It also seems to give my skin a bit of color and glow to it, which is a big plus over the long northern winters!
Passion, sadness, eroticism... the pain and pleasure of lust... so deliciously and dangerously irresistible!
Alys-RaccoonReadings
Patron Deities: Aset, Demeter

I get dry eczema patches and am currently loving marula oil. You can get it cheaply from The Ordinary.

I have other, less crunchy, products that I love for skincare, but this is the only affordable one that seems to do well for this level of dryness on my face.
Obsidian Goddess

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:52 am
I get dry eczema patches and am currently loving marula oil. You can get it cheaply from The Ordinary.

I have other, less crunchy, products that I love for skincare, but this is the only affordable one that seems to do well for this level of dryness on my face.
I am going have my son try that for his eczema. Thanks for the tip!
Passion, sadness, eroticism... the pain and pleasure of lust... so deliciously and dangerously irresistible!
Alys-RaccoonReadings

Obsidian Goddess wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:45 pm

I am going have my son try that for his eczema. Thanks for the tip!
You're welcome! On the body, Amlactin Rapid Relief is amazing. The lactic acid helps slough off the patches while the ceramide locks the moisture in. It's just too comedogenic for the face. It's also stinky for a couple of minutes when you put it on--smells like the lip of a milk jug combined with plastic. Little like an acrider Elmer's glue smell. But the smell disperses pretty quickly and then your skin feels much better. :)
Celtic Star

Haven't done much work outside myself. The few times I did during the summer I wore a hat and some long sleeve pants.

Thanks for sharing this. I'll be sure to remember next time my family works outside and I might give it a try if I get motivated enough lol.
Magic is really very simple, all you've got to do is want something and then let yourself have it.
Aggie Cromwell
user4558013
Your favourite Demon?: Rosier

I attest to this! All of my skincare are products from The Ordinary. They're affordable but more effective than quite literally anything else because they give you the pure chemical and ingredient and thats it. No filler taking up the majority of it with a small amount of the active ingredient included.

I even have Akelta started on a skincare routine with products that I gave her from the Ordinary :devillove:

If you're looking for moisture I would suggest putting an actual face cream on first before the olive oil. Because the oil would act as a moisturizer and you want to HYDRATE the skin as well as moisturize. The difference is, a moisturizer's function is to maintain the moisture in your skin, so it almost acts like a barricade. A HYDRATING lotion provides moisture. So think of it like this, when you are deHYDRATED, you are lacking fluids, so you have to add hydration to rehydrate.

So it would be like, you hydrate your skin with a face cream, and then AFTER you moisturize with an oil (in your case youre choosing olive oil which works for some, but stuff like Olive oil and Coconut oil are a 4 out of 5 on comedogenic ratings. Which comedogenic basically means the level in which it clogs pores. So it will work for some I can do it as well, but if your skin can't handle it then I would look into a marula oil like Alys said) and that oil, that moisturizer, is like the barrier for your hydrater which would be what would assist you in plumping up the skin and taking care of those fine lines and wrinkles. ^_^

So you would want to basically put all of your active ingredients on first, and then to seal the deal you put on that oil to protect it all

sorry I randomly just went on too long of a tangent :lol: :lol:
Start and end every conversation with laughter.

You might as well laugh now because you’re going to laugh about it when you're further down the road anyways.
Alys-RaccoonReadings

Velca wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:18 pm

I really enjoyed the tangent though. Bc. Hi. I, too, am a little too into my skincare. :D I always love finding other enthusiasts in the wild.

Omg. I just checked my favorite skincare group on FB and you’re not in it. I sent you an invite. But I also won’t get miffed if FB groups in general or this one in particular aren’t your bag. 8-) It’s just there if you want to check it out.
Eilana
Lady of Monsters
Your favourite Demon?: Ombre, Mammon, Swallowtail, Sizzle, Elegy
Number of Demon Familiars: 69

I love this topic!
Velca wrote:

I attest to this! All of my skincare are products from The Ordinary. They're affordable but more effective than quite literally anything else because they give you the pure chemical and ingredient and thats it. No filler taking up the majority of it with a small amount of the active ingredient included.

I even have Akelta started on a skincare routine with products that I gave her from the Ordinary :devillove:

If you're looking for moisture I would suggest putting an actual face cream on first before the olive oil. Because the oil would act as a moisturizer and you want to HYDRATE the skin as well as moisturize. The difference is, a moisturizer's function is to maintain the moisture in your skin, so it almost acts like a barricade. A HYDRATING lotion provides moisture. So think of it like this, when you are deHYDRATED, you are lacking fluids, so you have to add hydration to rehydrate.

So it would be like, you hydrate your skin with a face cream, and then AFTER you moisturize with an oil (in your case youre choosing olive oil which works for some, but stuff like Olive oil and Coconut oil are a 4 out of 5 on comedogenic ratings. Which comedogenic basically means the level in which it clogs pores. So it will work for some I can do it as well, but if your skin can't handle it then I would look into a marula oil like Alys said) and that oil, that moisturizer, is like the barrier for your hydrater which would be what would assist you in plumping up the skin and taking care of those fine lines and wrinkles. ^_^

So you would want to basically put all of your active ingredients on first, and then to seal the deal you put on that oil to protect it all

You got me hooked now too LOL and please go on more tangents. You keep us all looking young and beautiful.
:death: :death: :death:

~ Burn the ships to take the island. ~

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Obsidian Goddess

Velca wrote:

Keep on tangenting! I think we all appreciate you Velca! Thank you for sharing that!

Leo Sierra
Patron Deities: Pazuzu, Lillith
Your favourite Demon?: Mutilations and Crypts
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

I have super oily skin anyway, so using a moisturizer with spf basically gives me a horrible slippery shine, right from first thing in the morning.
So I just try to avoid the direct sun as much as possible (it also gives me headaches and hurts my eyes) Don't know how you outdoor folks do it lol

Return to “Health and Wellness”