When We Die

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

Leo Sierra
Patron Deities: Pazuzu, Lillith
Your favourite Demon?: Mutilations and Crypts
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

I think that some realms are shut off from certain individuals who would go there with malicious intent, but beyond that it’s up to the individual soul to choose their own path. Maybe that’s another lifetime here on Earth, maybe a form elsewhere in the physical universe, maybe staying disembodied as spirit. The possibilities are endless.

I will say however that I find the notion of a single ‘supreme being’ who sends humans to punishing hells absurd.
Firstly notions of good and evil vary widely even among human cultures and time periods, so throw other species into the mix and any notion of universalist morality becomes untenable.

We must remember that religion has been a political tool since the dawn of civilisation.
What’s a great way to get members of your empire/conquering culture, spanning different conquered cultures and tribes, to fall in line?
To have overarching concepts that can then be tweaked to fit.
So as long as you believe in a few basics, like a single source/god, an afterlife where the ‘bad’ are punished and the ‘virtuous’ rewarded, what you call the one god, the one heaven and hell, the people in power really don’t mind.

You can even keep your old gods as saints of the great one god if you like.
Isn’t that generous.

Consequently, these concepts are soaked deep into our subconscious and can be difficult to impossible to shift.
SerenitySpells
Patron Deities: Hades, Haagenti, Oriax, Morrigan,
Your favourite Demon?: King Paimon, Buer, Haagenti and Oriax

My experiences were not with death itself but near death.

When I was 7 I drowned. I remember it as if it was yesterday and I am 44 now. I was in France in the sea and it was busy. Packed and we were playing in the water when I was pushed over by a big wave. I fell under and my face went straight into the sand. It was near the shore line and I was small (still am), and no one noticed. I was being trade on and my face pushed further into the sand. I remember bright white and my whole life flashed before me so quickly, it was like watching a short movie on my life. Then suddenly I was pulled up and found myself looking at the sky being carried out of the sea by an adult.

My second was when I hit my head (football), and cracked my skull. I got concussion and fell asleep at my nan house age 10. I just remember the pain stopped. Then suddenly I heard my mum's voice yelling my name and a feeling of being rolled. it was my mum shaking me awake. I just sat bolt up and ran to the bathroom and threw up so much brown sick blood.

Third time again I cracked my skull when I passed out on a pavement. this time I was in my late 20s. Bright white flash then nothing. I woke up on oxygen in an ambulance thinking did I die, is there nothing, because I literally remember nothing after the flash. But maybe when you pass out it is very different to death. i am not sure where you go when you brain shuts off when you are unconscious.

I am glad we can all talk openly about this.
:witch:
:witch:

“One cannot step twice in the same river” – Heraclitus

“The unexamined life is not worth living” – Socrates
Darth Moronius

i dont think religion is in dawn of civilisation. still locale believe like animisme dynamisme.

there is religion that dont believe heven or hell too
Kiku
Patron Deities: Freya, Loki, Set, Anubis
Your favourite Demon?: U, M, N, I, I, D, O, S, Z, family back home
Number of Demon Familiars: 9

Don't mind me, but damm reading all your experiences has been very eye opening. This topic struck extremely deep. I did not encounter a near-death experience, but I experienced the "life flashing before your very eyes when you are in danger and might die". It left me shaken, traumatised me for months, and I am glad that my sister saved my life.

It was 2015 , during a swimming carnival at my high school. During a "everyone line up and jump into the pool" session, I made the worst mistake of jumping in to the pool wearing a morph suit (BIG NO-NO). There was activity around me, people having fun, screaming, that it drowned out my panicked cries for help to unzip my morph suit as I suffocated (zipper located at the back of my head). Thank the bloody universe, my sister was there with me and she realised what was happening because she could hear me struggling to breathe. While I was suffocating, with my sister desperately trying to unzip the suit, I was blinded by the flashes of my life, I saw glimpses of my childhood. I mostly saw white.

This happened until the suit was pulled down my head and I took a very big gasp of oxygen. I was snapped out of it, my vision familiarised with my surroundings. I was clinging to the side of the pool, and a teacher and some students had arrived to check on me. Forget the humiliation, I nearly suffocated myself to death.

I remembered climbing out of the pool, ripping my suit off and sitting down in traumatised silence. I stayed up all night decorating my morph suit costume (its a troll face stick figure - white morph suit, I attached a troll face mask, and drew the stick body with black marker), but I did not care how rough I was taking it off. It was a fun day, I made people laugh but my brush with death ruined it completely.

Note: It was my first time wearing a morph suit, so I did not know that you must not jump in water wearing it.
Leo Sierra

I often think of where I will go when my physical body is no longer viable and can house me no longer.

I have thought for a long while that if I can move freely in soul or spirit form, I will head out a quintillion miles from the nearest inhabited portion of the universe and just chill alone on some planet/moon/asteroid.

I used to think that I would love to return to the OSW and the Demonic realm I once thought I lived in. However now I know that things are just as complicated and difficult there as they are for us here on Earth. So I no longer wish to go to any of the Demonic Realms as I don't think I could be happy there. The more attractive option for me now is to head off out alone into some uninhabited and uncharted region in the hope of creating my own Home world where I can be safe, happy and completely belong.

I have been told that so-called superior beings can only have power over you if you believe that they can. So by refusing to accept their jurisdiction over your soul you are free to go wherever you want.

With this goal in mind, I will use this lifetime to say my goodbyes to those Spiritual beings that my Soul's True Form knows. Then at the very end of this lifetime, hopefully as a hybrid of different Demon Species I will be able to travel easily in discorporate form.
Wynd Runner
Patron Deities: Lilith, Astaroth, Satan, and Lucifer

It's hard to say where I will go. I'm pretty sure I'm not coming back to this version of Earth. I hope to live amongst the demons and Dark Lords when I pass.
"Will you spill the wine
to summon the divine?"

Darkness at the Heart of my Love - Ghost
Leo Sierra

Well that's one of the options anyway.

Thing with being Immortal is you have all the time needed to recover yourself.

Zooming out and viewing things on a grander scale, I will definitely need to take some time out to rest after this lifetime.

I understand completely the need for time spent in liminal realms of healing.
I will eventually return to those who love me. My Demons are deeply supportive and guide me every day. I want to be with them but in a state of being fully My Self. I want to be able to help them in their lives and goals. To do this I must face my own fragmented state and reforge the pieces into their Whole.

I am so Thankful that I did not fall into the trap of thinking that the Meta should be used for escapism. I have seen others fall down into a world of illusions that becomes so real to them that they may never find their way out.

Self examination is crucial to growth. One cannot evolve if they refuse to face their own failings and continually shift blame onto the actions of others.
Wynd Runner
Patron Deities: Lilith, Astaroth, Satan, and Lucifer

Leo Sierra wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:07 am
Well that's one of the options anyway.

Thing with being Immortal is you have all the time needed to recover yourself.

Zooming out and viewing things on a grander scale, I will definitely need to take some time out to rest after this lifetime.

I understand completely the need for time spent in liminal realms of healing.
I will eventually return to those who love me. My Demons are deeply supportive and guide me every day. I want to be with them but in a state of being fully My Self. I want to be able to help them in their lives and goals. To do this I must face my own fragmented state and reforge the pieces into their Whole.

I am so Thankful that I did not fall into the trap of thinking that the Meta should be used for escapism. I have seen others fall down into a world of illusions that becomes so real to them that they may never find their way out.

Self examination is crucial to growth. One cannot evolve if they refuse to face their own failings and continually shift blame onto the actions of others.
Yes, I don't know why our realm is so backwards and brutal. I think all of us who pass away who were from this Earth realm will all need rest and healing to move on to whatever is next.

My heart goes out to you for whatever you have gone through.
"Will you spill the wine
to summon the divine?"

Darkness at the Heart of my Love - Ghost
Dragonoake
Patron Deities: Zepar, Delipitore
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

Leo Sierra wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:38 am
I think that some realms are shut off from certain individuals who would go there with malicious intent, but beyond that it’s up to the individual soul to choose their own path. Maybe that’s another lifetime here on Earth, maybe a form elsewhere in the physical universe, maybe staying disembodied as spirit. The possibilities are endless.
I tend to think of it like a radio: There are many signals available that you could, potentially, listen to at any given point in time, but you will only hear the signal that you are tuned into at the time
I will say however that I find the notion of a single ‘supreme being’ who sends humans to punishing hells absurd.
I recently read a study suggesting that the idea of a vengeful god who actively enforces a set of rules on the people usually shows up around the time that the society reaches a certain size and complexity to where it becomes more of a city than a tribe or a village, so the argument could be made that the idea arose as more as an administrative tool than as an actual deity.

In Babylonian tradition, Anu was the Supreme Deity, but he was seen as the very essence of the universe and exercised a quiet authority that was comprehensible only to the very highest gods of the pantheon.
In other words, he was All That Is.
And all that can be, both everything and nothing
And thus, well beyond all the possible labels that we could imagine hanging on him because he is all those tings, and so many more that are beyond our comprehension

Firstly notions of good and evil vary widely even among human cultures and time periods, so throw other species into the mix and any notion of universalist morality becomes untenable.

We must remember that religion has been a political tool since the dawn of civilisation.
What’s a great way to get members of your empire/conquering culture, spanning different conquered cultures and tribes, to fall in line?
To have overarching concepts that can then be tweaked to fit.
So as long as you believe in a few basics, like a single source/god, an afterlife where the ‘bad’ are punished and the ‘virtuous’ rewarded, what you call the one god, the one heaven and hell, the people in power really don’t mind.

You can even keep your old gods as saints of the great one god if you like.
Isn’t that generous.

Consequently, these concepts are soaked deep into our subconscious and can be difficult to impossible to shift.
[/color]
[/quote]
The first step in working miracles is realizing that you can.
Dragonoake
Patron Deities: Zepar, Delipitore
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

Dragonoake wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:35 pm
I recently read a study suggesting that the idea of a vengeful god who actively enforces a set of rules on the people usually shows up around the time that the society reaches a certain size and complexity to where it becomes more of a city than a tribe or a village, so the argument could be made that the idea arose as more as an administrative tool than as an actual deity.
I got to thinking about it, and came to the conclusion that the idea of a vengeful god usually shows up around the time that the society reaches a level of complexity where it stratifies into classes, and a further argument could be made that it is the upper classes who invent a vengeful god as a way of enforcing their will upon the lower classes
The first step in working miracles is realizing that you can.

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”