Michael W. Ford

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

lawyerguy2013
Number of Demon Familiars: 15

What's the consensus on Michael W. Ford? Are his books worth reading?

I just watched a YouTube video of him titled Incantation of Resheph and Satanic Ritual.

Anyone know of any other good videos of real Satanic rituals? it seems that many of the ones on YouTube are from a Christian perspective and intended to scare people away from Satanism.
brandon3913
Patron Deities: Azazel,Lucifuge
Your favourite Demon?: Hellhound,Abaasy demon,Succubus,Demonic vampire
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

You might not find any due to Christianity, but you might try emailing the A ladies on this but you can also try reading more on the forum about how others are performing rituals since you are trying to learn on this practice and read how others are doing on spell castings like the mammon monthly casting:)
Andreeje
Patron Deities: Hecate, Sepheranz, Lucifer, Belial
Your favourite Demon?: Marbas, Arkos, Anima Sola
Number of Demon Familiars: 8

I have a few of Ford's books and didn't really find much value in them for my needs, but I would try reading one that interests you and judge for yourself because a lot of people seem to like him. He leans heavily toward the LHP side of Zoroastrianism.
Nightraven14
Patron Deities: Lucifer, Satan and Ba'al
Your favourite Demon?: DDQ "A"
Number of Demon Familiars: 4

I like his stuff. I have "Bible of the Adversary" and "Luciferian Witchcraft". He covers many different systems from Ancient Persia to the Luciferian Goetia.
Phil

"Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out
I faced it all and I stood tall
And did it my way

I've loved, I've laughed and cried
I've had my fails, my share of losing
And now as tears subside
I find it all so amusing
To think I did all that
And may I say, not in a shy way
No, oh no not me,
I did it my way" - Elvis
Anatel
Your favourite Demon?: DH, my twin
Number of Demon Familiars: 16

I've heard a mixed review. I guess it depends on which path you follow. Old school Satanists aren't fond of him. The Newer gen seem to like him.
S. Connollys books tend to have many rituals in them, they might be worth a look for you :)
Age is a number and an attitude......and a measurement of how far you can toss your boobs- Akelta
lawyerguy2013

MagicWand-a wrote:I've heard a mixed review. I guess it depends on which path you follow. Old school Satanists aren't fond of him. The Newer gen seem to like him.
S. Connollys books tend to have many rituals in them, they might be worth a look for you :)
Thanks. I've started reading S. Connolly's books based on a recommendation by Akelta. So far so good.
Anatel
Your favourite Demon?: DH, my twin
Number of Demon Familiars: 16

lawyerguy2013 wrote:
MagicWand-a wrote:I've heard a mixed review. I guess it depends on which path you follow. Old school Satanists aren't fond of him. The Newer gen seem to like him.
Thanks. I've started reading S. Connolly's books based on a recommendation by Akelta. So far so good.
You won't be disappointed . Her books really are very good, any you pick up. If you want heavy rituals her Keys of Ocat, Infernal Colopatiron (demonic theophany and gate opening) , and there's another coming our in a month or so... Darn I forgot what its called.. ill try to find out for you.. good stuff.
Age is a number and an attitude......and a measurement of how far you can toss your boobs- Akelta
Andreeje

I do have to give Michael Ford a thumbs up for his tracing demons through history and calling thier various forms deific masks. The same entity will have many forms across time in many coultuers. Though I don't care much for his way of practice. Though I have my own path and it is just a difference of opinion in the end.
Andreeje

As for Connely, I give her a thumbs up as well, she has pushed the respectful workings with demons her whole career. I don't agree with her views on evocation though. Evocation can be used as a means to get to know an entity if used with respect; just as I also disagree with Koetting for preaching using demons as a continual means of physical gain. Connely works through invocation, which in the end is the goal just not in the intermingling of energies and communication, but invocation in its extreme forms is where the spirit temporarily inhabits your body and that is when the full bonding and learning takes place; much like Voudon practionioners and the Lwa. Evocation helps greatly for building up to this level of connection. And on this point I will have to disagree with Connely, otherwise her work is solid.
lawyerguy2013

Andreeje wrote:As for Connely, I give her a thumbs up as well, she has pushed the respectful workings with demons her whole career. I don't agree with her views on evocation though. Evocation can be used as a means to get to know an entity if used with respect; just as I also disagree with Koetting for preaching using demons as a continual means of physical gain. Connely works through invocation, which in the end is the goal just not in the intermingling of energies and communication, but invocation in its extreme forms is where the spirit temporarily inhabits your body and that is when the full bonding and learning takes place; much like Voudon practionioners and the Lwa. Evocation helps greatly for building up to this level of connection. And on this point I will have to disagree with Connely, otherwise her work is solid.
Thanks for the insight. I appreciate it.

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”