Art Challenge - Mythical Amabie

Art, cultural, and music, share creative things that you love!
guesswho
Number of Demon Familiars: 11

:devilwave:

There was a number of places that this post probably could fit under. But because my ulterior motive is the Art Challenge,I thought this was the right spot.

:devilpaint:

Bringing up current events isn't something I do very often, but this caught my interest due to the mythical aspect.:

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... 8191395449

I must admit, I had never heard of Amabie until today. But the being intrigues me. And I thought it would be a fun challenge for anyone who was interested to take up. There is no actual contest or challenge. That's just my spin on the idea that there has apparently been a resurgence of interest in this mythical being, with artists drawing Amabie's likeness. If anyone feels so lead to render an image of Amabie, would you please be so good as to either post your work below or share in another post? There's no time limit. I might even give it a try myself. But probably not in the next week or so.

But just because it might take me a while to get something done, doesn't mean that anyone else should have to wait. Is this the inspiration you were waiting for? :devilpaint:
This is why the Mantis Shrimp is my new favorite animal,
because in the presence of such extraordinary light and beauty it embraces

DARKNESS,
It extols DEATH with the luminescent brilliance of a
DYING STAR

. . . The Mantis Shrimp is the harbinger of blood-soaked rainbows

- The Oatmeal
Antipodean
Your favourite Demon?: Agares
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

guesswho wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:22 pm
Bringing up current events isn't something I do very often, but this caught my interest due to the mythical aspect: https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... t-covid-19
The creature advised: "Draw me and show to the people, so that you can be free from disease,"
Gorgeous! :) Reposted NPR article to my Invoking Belial page to get the word out! Thinking Egregores, Tulpas and Servitors. So neat!

Return to “Art, Culture, & Music”