Who Here Writes?

Art, cultural, and music, share creative things that you love!
Leo Sierra
Patron Deities: Pazuzu, Lillith
Your favourite Demon?: Mutilations and Crypts
Number of Demon Familiars: 3

I love creating imagery with words, but after a maximum of two pages I'm bored with whatever idea I had and abandon the story in question.
ysabeau
Patron Deities: King Paimon, Thor, Skadi, Hades & Persephone, Leviathan, Uphir
Your favourite Demon?: Arachne, Serpentine, Necrosis, Void
Number of Demon Familiars: 17

slides right on in....

How did I know of this beautiful thread!?

SOOOOO

I actually write novels~ I love writing so much holy shit. I prefer to stick with fantasy, but I do content writing for websites/blogs when I can. Especially with occult writing.

I write in the fantasy, paranormal, and thriller/horror genres. Currently have 5 books published, though I want to be super happy and say I have two more that are getting ready to be published too! I try to write every day and get at least some words down.

I love hearing how everyone writes or has their own form of writing. From novels to even song lyrics, I think it's so great to have that expression. I'm also a super nerd for writing ahah
Two roads diverged in a wood and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that made all the difference. - Robert Frost
Ulala
Patron Deities: Anubis,Hades, Set, Lilith,Santa Muerte
Your favourite Demon?: Lord Lucifer, Lord Satan, Lord Azazel, Marquess Marchosias, Prince Seere
Number of Demon Familiars: 7

DrFaustus wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:40 pm
I've written tomes for old roleplays I've done, and I'm turning my attention back to various projects I've had cooking over the years.

This is one of the more experimental short stories I've put together: The Reaper's Call

I stick mainly to fantasy, but I try to be flexible with my style and what I write. As of now, everything I'm focusing on ties into a singular universe, and I think it's the first thing I'll get to building in earnest among my various ideas.

I'd been dealing with a wicked case of writer's block that's confounded me for years. Turns out, I think it was due to my base and sacral chakras being more than half dead. Getting those back online is getting me more in tune with my purpose, and mythmaking is a huge part of it, whatever the larger picture looks like.

I'm curious as to whether or not any of you have tried your hand at short stories, novels, poems, and whether you'd be willing to share. Now that I'm shaking off nonsense about stuff like this being impractical and too far removed from mundane concerns to warrant focus, I'm feeling a strong need to immerse myself in creativity, and who better to turn to than those who speak with the muses themselves?
I’m going to go off topic here but it seems (unless it’s fixed upon your return) the pm system is currently gone. I have much to share with you in regards to some of the workings I’ve had VK do. Let me know when your back on.

I also recovered the rest of my poems from the college.
Candy Pink Ray
Patron Deities: Lucifer, Bune, Marbas, Ino
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer
Number of Demon Familiars: 2

Yes, I do write: short stories and novellas with occult themes. Some of them are channelled from demon muse Ino. The biggest influence on my writing has been chaos magic, followed by other branches of magic of both the left hand and right hand paths.

Am I allowed to advertise my books? They are all completely free of charge (except for one which was published by a vanity publisher- bad mistake.)

If I am allowed to post them, most can be found here: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/candypinkray.
Smashwords is a mainstream book site, safe to download from, not a website of mine, and it has over 570,000 books of which over 87,000 including mine are free.
Alexandrine
Patron Deities: Hellenic
Your favourite Demon?: Spectral, Divinity, Abyssal

I love writing!!
.... Unfortunately I can only motivate myself when it's a role play with a trusted partner. :roll: I have many good ideas but the motivation brain does not want to activate to write them. No idea why! This even happens with fanfiction. It's an unfortunate conundrum.
Candy Pink Ray
Patron Deities: Lucifer, Bune, Marbas, Ino
Your favourite Demon?: Lucifer

Hi and sorry, folks- my comment earlier on was addressed to the moderators rather than engaging with the discussion about writing that is going on here. DrFaustus I looked at your blog and it is really good, both the fiction and the comments about creativity.
Sometimes I'm inclined to be that person you talked about who only writes when they feel inspired and that approach gets a lot of criticism in the writing world. However I do go to classes and groups as well and join them in that 'hard slog and putting in the work even when you don't feel inspired' thing. It's just that I think some of the results of that are not of a quality to share with anyone else. Writers blocks can be a sign that it is not the right time yet for a story to appear, especially if it has spiritual and occult themes.
Noctua wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:55 am
Whenever I write 'stories' that way they are based on my dreams, and my dreams often have some basis in otherdimensional reality.
I agree that dreams are a wonderful source for writing. So are visions and meditations, and if you keep a journal of dreams or meditations you can sometimes pick out something that is suitable for a story or poem and will convey insights about the astral worlds, Hell or the celestial dimensions to share with the readers.
Lycana
Patron Deities: Lucifer, Diana, Belial, Naamah, Sobek, Juno, Hethert etc
Your favourite Demon?: arachne, spectral, hellborn, void, mutilation. serpentine and tempest

I’m an indie author. I write fantasy monster romances and sci-fi romance. I’m almost exclusively through Amazon.
user135
Patron Deities: Loki

Late to the party.

I used to write a lot, both poems and prose. I did have several story ideas written out that never came to light. I'm thinking about reaching into those and redeveloping some of them further down the line, or create something new. For now though, I write short descriptions that could be stories based on whatever has prompted me during the day.

Return to “Art, Culture, & Music”