Lucifera

Questions and Answers for where to begin on the Darker Spiritual Paths.

Moderator: Akelta

Wynd Runner
Patron Deities: Lilith, Astaroth, Satan, and Lucifer

Dragonoake wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:08 pm
I don't know a lot about Stregheria, but some friends who do have spoken highly of Raven Grimassi
If it is Stregheria, I missed that part. Thank you.

It is weird, yes I am a Satanist and Demonolater, but I stay away from Stregheria. LOL That is just my past experiences I had when I was living in FL. (I am not telling anyone else to stay away from it.)

Thank you Dragonoake! :devilgrin:
"Will you spill the wine
to summon the divine?"

Darkness at the Heart of my Love - Ghost
Lycana
Patron Deities: Lucifer, Diana, Belial, Naamah, Sobek, Juno, Hethert etc
Your favourite Demon?: arachne, spectral, hellborn, void, mutilation. serpentine and tempest

I practice stregoneria... I was adopted into a family tradition (which is different than Raven Grimassi's tradition though the mythology presented by Leland is utilized by Grimassi as well), but Luciferia you can find in the ancient work of Cicero when he speaks of the titles of Diana. He says that is comparable to Juno being called Lucine, but the goddesses interchange these titles too.
Luciferos for Apollo I've found in textbooks at the univeristy but that is like 20 years ago so recalling a title would be like pulling teeth lol. The title is similar to Phosophoros in Greek which was also applied to Apollo among other gods. This is with the understsanding that before he became associated directly with Helios in Athens, though he was a general deity of light in all forms (not just physical light) was more often associated with the twilight (or the wolf light...because wolves, his sacred animals roamed around that period. Apollodorus Rhodios in his Argornautika describes Apollo bearing the wolf light.
Certain coins from Rome have the bust of Apollo with a star incidentally which I personally take to his association with the twilight period and the stars visible at that time.

Now there is a spirit in Rome also called Luciferus but he has no mythology aside from being a spirit born of Aurora (dawn). It could easily be a parallel too to Letona/Leto as a goddess of night and her connection with the dawn too (as the rooster and quail both animals associated with the dawn are sacred to her) since we literally have no mythic information on this separate Luciferus. And in stregoneria with La Vecchia Religione we do identify Lucifer (or Lucifero in Italian) with Apollo.

I was familiar with Lucifer first through La Vecchia Religione and was shoved to learning about Apollo which brought me back full circle to Lucifer through the ancient epithet Luciferus and opened iup to demonaltry more recently lol.
And working with demons in the tradition of stregoneria I belong to is definitely a thing anyway heh

Incidentally I'm in FL so this just made me laugh.
Lycana
Patron Deities: Lucifer, Diana, Belial, Naamah, Sobek, Juno, Hethert etc
Your favourite Demon?: arachne, spectral, hellborn, void, mutilation. serpentine and tempest

And I realize I went into a full tangent on Luciferus rather than Luciferia but the twins have so much profound overlaps (for a reason) that they often share titles too for identical reasons and so on. Incidentally, regarding Diana, Cicero notes that she has another title that refers to her as the wandering star (or rather that she is connected to the path of a planet in the night sky...because the Romans were very much aware of planets heh).
Wynd Runner
Patron Deities: Lilith, Astaroth, Satan, and Lucifer

Lycana wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:32 am
I practice stregoneria... I was adopted into a family tradition (which is different than Raven Grimassi's tradition though the mythology presented by Leland is utilized by Grimassi as well), but Luciferia you can find in the ancient work of Cicero when he speaks of the titles of Diana. He says that is comparable to Juno being called Lucine, but the goddesses interchange these titles too.
Luciferos for Apollo I've found in textbooks at the univeristy but that is like 20 years ago so recalling a title would be like pulling teeth lol. The title is similar to Phosophoros in Greek which was also applied to Apollo among other gods. This is with the understsanding that before he became associated directly with Helios in Athens, though he was a general deity of light in all forms (not just physical light) was more often associated with the twilight (or the wolf light...because wolves, his sacred animals roamed around that period. Apollodorus Rhodios in his Argornautika describes Apollo bearing the wolf light.
Certain coins from Rome have the bust of Apollo with a star incidentally which I personally take to his association with the twilight period and the stars visible at that time.

Now there is a spirit in Rome also called Luciferus but he has no mythology aside from being a spirit born of Aurora (dawn). It could easily be a parallel too to Letona/Leto as a goddess of night and her connection with the dawn too (as the rooster and quail both animals associated with the dawn are sacred to her) since we literally have no mythic information on this separate Luciferus. And in stregoneria with La Vecchia Religione we do identify Lucifer (or Lucifero in Italian) with Apollo.

I was familiar with Lucifer first through La Vecchia Religione and was shoved to learning about Apollo which brought me back full circle to Lucifer through the ancient epithet Luciferus and opened iup to demonaltry more recently lol.
And working with demons in the tradition of stregoneria I belong to is definitely a thing anyway heh

Incidentally I'm in FL so this just made me laugh.
Thank you so much for sharing your path's gnosis on this. Fascinating indeed! I love it! :devillove:

Yes from what I remember being in FL before we left, there were a fair amount of Strega.

I am so glad you shared. I originally thought you might be Gardnerian, Georgian, or some other similar BTW because of how you have written things.

I am also grateful you shared because you challenged my view on Strega practitioners. Back when we lived in S FL, we personally knew one and knew of two others. All three of them were heavy into cursing other people, sometimes even for the smallest of issues. Many in the local Gard Craft there were unnerved by this and some outright scared.

The one I knew personally had an aggressive, heavy energy to her. The other two I was told had similar energies to the one we knew; plus, the other two were homeless, which I suspected may have been due to backlash of their workings, but I don't know. The one we knew personally was a flaming alcoholic, again which I suspected due to her practice, but don't really know. It was all very weird, and I kept my distance.

But again, I am thankful you shared what you did. I've gotten to know you a bit over the forums and discord before learning this about you. You are thoughtful and well-spoken. I get no indication that if I accidentally sneeze in your direction that my life will suddenly fall apart! LOL :crazy:
"Will you spill the wine
to summon the divine?"

Darkness at the Heart of my Love - Ghost
Vizra

I got the information from a website that belongs to the Draconian Order of the Black Magic.

Return to “Starting out on the LHP and the Dark Spiritual Paths”